• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Summer 2020: Hoping The Heat Makes a Hasty Retreat

23 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

80 at 9AM. I have a feeling we'll struggle to hit 90 today, but we shall see. 

Here's the 7 day WPC map:

p168i.gif?1596114586

Not a bad look, but it's already been shaved back a good bit to our south from yesterday's map. Really hope that this can hold...

Classic PA.  No rain, no rain, no rain    FLOOD

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

We need it so bad I will take the risk and hope no one floods.    That mao seems to be 5" or less for everyone though I think the Euro map was a bit higher. 

There were 7-8" amounts on yesterday's map right up to the M/D line. The Delmarva region lost a couple of inches since the last map was issued. 

Keeping tabs on the record average at MDT for July.  Through yesterday the mean for the month was 82.2 degrees.  The record average temperature at MDT for July is 81.8 set in 1999.  The overnight low today was 72 and it's currently 90 at noon.  It would seem a lock for MDT to at least hit 92 today.  That would produce a mean of 82.0 and would leave the mean for the month at 82.2 going into tomorrow, the final day of the month.  In order to break the record MDT can lose 0.3 degrees with tomorrow's mean.  With 31 days to work with that means tomorrow's mean can be no lower than 11 degrees below normal, which would be 65 degrees.  The forecast temps at MDT for tomorrow are a high of 82 and a low of 72 with a mean of 77.  What all this means is that there is a 90% chance that MDT's mean for July 2020 will be higher than 81.8 degrees and will become the warmest July on record and the warmest month of any month ever at MDT since records began in 1888.

WOW!

2 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Keeping tabs on the record average at MDT for July.  Through yesterday the mean for the month was 82.2 degrees.  The record average temperature at MDT for July is 81.8 set in 1999.  The overnight low today was 72 and it's currently 90 at noon.  It would seem a lock for MDT to at least hit 92 today.  That would produce a mean of 82.0 and would leave the mean for the month at 82.2 going into tomorrow, the final day of the month.  In order to break the record MDT can lose 0.3 degrees with tomorrow's mean.  With 31 days to work with that means tomorrow's mean can be no lower than 11 degrees below normal, which would be 65 degrees.  The forecast temps at MDT for tomorrow are a high of 82 and a low of 72 with a mean of 77.  What all this means is that there is a 90% chance that MDT's mean for July 2020 will be higher than 81.8 degrees and will become the warmest July on record and the warmest month of any month ever at MDT since records began in 1888.

WOW!

Crazy

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yep, we just get the weekend rain, not drought relief overall.   Its supposed to rain at least 1" a week.  LOL.

I know, right. Geez! Can't catch a break right now. 976 Low that turns into the 980's would have been so nice for us in our drought conditions. Maybe things will change.