• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Summer 2020: Hoping The Heat Makes a Hasty Retreat

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Trust me I am looking at the radar for you as well.  You are are my parched brethren.  I would actually be happier if you got it and not me with that big course to deal with.  I talk about it a lot but more worry for others with wells and farms, etc..

Radar says you should be into the rain now. Hope it holds together further east but hrrrrrrr said it goes poof as it hits the river. 

15 hours ago, paweather said:

I do hope you get some rain. 

Sorry to hear this. It happens unfortunately but there also needs to be a balance between keeping our economy open and businesses open (versus Walmart and Lowes etc being opened) What is the difference? 

I'm glad you'd rather people die. Good on you. If death comes for you and your family I bet you'll sing a different tune. You have to strike a balance. Look at Japan. They were able to keep stylists and other small businesses open but everyone wore masks and were considerate of not spreading it. If we all did this here we could keep everything open in a limited capacity. Same with South Korea. Even the EU countries have faired better than us in terms of limiting spread and opening things back up because there's not so much misinformation being spread in those countries to get their citizens killed.

Currently I've had a fever off and on the past few days after seeing my sister who had a temp a week before after I talked with her. I haven't been sick in almost 2 years and it's been almost a decade since I've been sick in the summer. I also never get fevers. I just assumed it was something else the past few days but haven't felt right at all with my body temp going out of whack off and on. I feel better than feel sick again constantly.

I got my car inspected yesterday and it was the first time I forgot to wear a mask around people in public that weren't people that live with me. So hope nothing bad happens to them. But yeah gonna get tested tomorrow so I'll let you guys know. My moms been coughing up a storm but refuses to get tested and thinks it's nothing serious lol. My sister is a big liar so I wouldn't be surprised if she lied about having it since she likes to give her daughter to my mom every weekend. Tons of history there I won't go into but my sister and her husband are pieces of shit. Reason why I think I got it from her? Spoke with her a ton not long after she had a temp herself and then a week later I started getting one.

Seriously if I can't get myself cooled down in a tank top, pants off and air conditioning blaring at night then I'm going to suffer if it hits 100 twice this weekend lmao...well unless I get chills instead of hot flashes but I've been getting both back to back so eh...done ranting just sick of people thinking you can disregard human life unless it's someone they care about then it's different lol

35 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Now you're talking! It would figure if Mr. Freezer ends up the winner in the thread's baking contest. I'll say I hit 101.8  :sun:

If only we could pull off a deal like yesterday and keep the cloud deck around.  It was actually enjoyable outside.  Sat on back porch w/ my wife and watched "our" hummingbirds hammer the sugar water.

and....IMO the HRRRRRRR did a nice job on yesterday rain.  Totally died when it hit the river.

• Like 1

If only we could pull off a deal like yesterday and keep the cloud deck around.  It was actually enjoyable outside.  Sat on back porch w/ my wife and watched "our" hummingbirds hammer the sugar water.

and....IMO the HRRRRRRR did a nice job on yesterday rain.  Totally died when it hit the river.

Ran into that ocean cooled air. It’s what happens in Long Island and eastern New England all the time.

10 hours ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

I'm glad you'd rather people die. Good on you. If death comes for you and your family I bet you'll sing a different tune. You have to strike a balance. Look at Japan. They were able to keep stylists and other small businesses open but everyone wore masks and were considerate of not spreading it. If we all did this here we could keep everything open in a limited capacity. Same with South Korea. Even the EU countries have faired better than us in terms of limiting spread and opening things back up because there's not so much misinformation being spread in those countries to get their citizens killed.

Currently I've had a fever off and on the past few days after seeing my sister who had a temp a week before after I talked with her. I haven't been sick in almost 2 years and it's been almost a decade since I've been sick in the summer. I also never get fevers. I just assumed it was something else the past few days but haven't felt right at all with my body temp going out of whack off and on. I feel better than feel sick again constantly.

I got my car inspected yesterday and it was the first time I forgot to wear a mask around people in public that weren't people that live with me. So hope nothing bad happens to them. But yeah gonna get tested tomorrow so I'll let you guys know. My moms been coughing up a storm but refuses to get tested and thinks it's nothing serious lol. My sister is a big liar so I wouldn't be surprised if she lied about having it since she likes to give her daughter to my mom every weekend. Tons of history there I won't go into but my sister and her husband are pieces of shit. Reason why I think I got it from her? Spoke with her a ton not long after she had a temp herself and then a week later I started getting one.

Seriously if I can't get myself cooled down in a tank top, pants off and air conditioning blaring at night then I'm going to suffer if it hits 100 twice this weekend lmao...well unless I get chills instead of hot flashes but I've been getting both back to back so eh...done ranting just sick of people thinking you can disregard human life unless it's someone they care about then it's different lol

It is all good everyone has their own opinions. I am fine with that, this is America. I wouldn't say I disregard human life though if I am one of those "people". I hope you feel better and please hang in there. I hope everything positive for you believe me. 

19 minutes ago, canderson said:

Yeah, but bright side: pretty, pretty soon we can start monitoring fall air coming south. 

18 minutes ago, paweather said:

I know right, it is mid July. I cannot wait. 

It won't be too long and we'll start noticing the shortening of daylight hours. That is a big encouragement to me even when it's still 95 in August.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, pasnownut said:

The HRRR has been on a roll under 24 hours.  Last winter it sucked even in its wheelhouse.  

1 hour ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

I’m a little surprised that CTP does not have a Heat Advisory posted for this weekend.

Mt. Holly has Advisories posted for the counties that border CTP.

Yeah, especially since it's supposed to be a few degrees warmer in the Harrisburg area than the Lehigh Valley.