• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Summer 2020: Hoping The Heat Makes a Hasty Retreat

1 hour ago, Voyager said:

As of now .89". Not sure if anything else pivots through, though. The haves vs have nots is remarkable. I have 7.19" for the month of July, and I'm guessing from the discussion here that some don't have an inch yet?

We have less than 1/10 of an inch.  The remarkable number is since the start of May we have less than 3".  

42 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

We have less than 1/10 of an inch.  The remarkable number is since the start of May we have less than 3".  

That's jaw dropping. :o

I just looked back at the USGS automated gauge, and we've had about 14.25" since May 1.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, canderson said:

Got some light but steady rain here now. 

And it’s also sunny haha. 

Yes, that was interesting here as well yesterday along the river in Marysville. We had some light to moderate showers that did not add up too much. You could see some blue sky to the west while the clouds were rotating.

46 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Yes, those of us from around the river on west would have been really frustrated yesterday if this was a Winter coastal storm!

Some of us would have had a car topper while others not too far away would have been buried in heavy snow!

Depending on ratios, I would have had 10-15 inches of the white stuff. We ended up with 1.20" after a late night band pivoted through around 11:00pm.

1 hour ago, MAG5035 said:

Looks like the direction of the day for the rain to miss here today is north haha. It did rain a little bit last night, but what was left of what really looked like a promising area of downpours probably put down 0.05-0.1" tops. 

I was just thinking that it doesn't look promising for those south of the turnpike right now. Maybe something will pop in the next couple of hours. 

2 hours ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Same here with 0.34" and more on the way too.

58 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Yes, quite an active evening. I wasn't expecting much, but .91" in the bucket as of last check...

I was kind of surprised that no one was commenting - I'm currently getting heavy rain with 1.12" and counting. 

36 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I was kind of surprised that no one was commenting - I'm currently getting heavy rain with 1.12" and counting. 

I'll comment...lol.  Congrats to you for the day.  I see a flood warning posted for northeast of you as well.  I ended up with 0.42".  At least I'm over an inch now for the month.  We're going into another dry spell this week, though as temps start out around normal early and go above back into the 90's by week's end.

8 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

I'll comment...lol.  Congrats to you for the day.  I see a flood warning posted for northeast of you as well.  I ended up with 0.42".  At least I'm over an inch now for the month.  We're going into another dry spell this week, though as temps start out around normal early and go above back into the 90's by week's end.

I know it's normal for summer to feature spotty rains with storms, but still, this boggles my mind. You just cracked an inch for the month and I have 8.71" for the same time period.