• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Summer 2020: Hoping The Heat Makes a Hasty Retreat

59 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

as long as the cocktails are cold and the pool water is cool enough to lower my body temp, l'm in for the ride.

Unfortunately, I have no pool near by and no community pools open, plus just room air conditioners.  There will be a little skill to staying cool.

• Haha 1

Just now, Ahoff said:

Unfortunately, I have none pool near by and no community pools open, plus just room air conditioners.  There will be a little skill to staying cool.

i recommend frosty adult beverages then. i'd listen to me. I'm so smart i have brains i don't use :wacko2:

looks like the sun wants to come out in the burg. Still showing only 79 

1 hour ago, sauss06 said:

we (us in the susq. valley) will not hit 90 today. I'm honestly bummed. I thought we had a legit shot at breaking the record for consecutive days of 90 or above. I'm all about records B)

81 at 3:30 here in N central Lanco.  Sorry pal...I'm all about the respite....

supposed to go for a boat ride down on the susky (pequea ) tonight.  they havent called it off yet, but slow moving T boomers may put the kaibosh or cut it short.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

i recommend frosty adult beverages then. i'd listen to me. I'm so smart i have brains i don't use :wacko2:

looks like the sun wants to come out in the burg. Still showing only 79 

We actually, in my area had our first rain since June 28th.  The airport, hasn't seen any yet, we hit 93 officially today.

28 minutes ago, Voyager said:

We just got another 1.50" of rain today.

I guess from here on out I better shut up about the Tamaqua Split... :lol:

Yea you have had more rain in the last several days than I have had in many months.  LOL.  Still only between 2 and 3" since the start of May.  Definitely one of the most severe droughts I have ever been part of.  Only thing worse was in Florida.  

4 hours ago, Voyager said:

We just got another 1.50" of rain today.

I guess from here on out I better shut up about the Tamaqua Split... :lol:

I’ve been feeling that struggle the last couple weeks haha. My location has missed out in all directions on all the daily storms... although the blossoming radar up the mountain from here might suggest the weather may have other plans this evening for a change.

27 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

I’ve been feeling that struggle the last couple weeks haha. My location has missed out in all directions on all the daily storms... although the blossoming radar up the mountain from here might suggest the weather may have other plans this evening for a change.

Last month Johnstown came in with the least cumulative precipitation in the state (0.96”) which shows how dry it’s been your way.  I had 1.17” which wasn’t too far behind but with higher temps, may have been a higher impact