Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter 2020-2021

ORH_wxman

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Well much better there, but other than that December...wasn't much to write home about near and south of pike. Blue balled after December.

Even in my area there was nothing to write home about after December....par for the course in la nina...but that was extreme.

Feb '08 was pretty good in the interior....had the snow to big icing event on 2/13/08 (this event narrowly missed a Dec '08 type disaster), then the big 2/22 storm that got most of SNE with 7-12" and then two more events....a nice overperformer front ender on 2/26 and then the clipper redeveloper 2/29-3/1.

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Feb '08 was pretty good in the interior....had the snow to big icing event on 2/13/08 (this event narrowly missed a Dec '08 type disaster), then the big 2/22 storm that got most of SNE with 7-12" and then two more events....a nice overperformer front ender on 2/26 and then the clipper redeveloper 2/29-3/1.

That must be the Feb 10"er that I recall in Wilmington....one worthwhile event in the second half IMO.

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

That must be the Feb 10"er that I recall in Wilmington....one worthwhile event in the second half IMO.

Yep. Overrunning storm that basically lasted all afternoon and evening. Mixing tickled the pike late in the event, never quite got IMBY.

Feb22_2pmRadar.gif

Feb22_4pmRadar.gif

Feb22_9pmRadar.gif

One interesting thing that I am noticing is that 1970-71 is listed as a mixed-basin-wide la nina in my data set, but the forcing was definitely more like an east-based event, and it isn't close.

What is the best site to access SST archive data?

Tabular weekly ENSO data only goes to 1990, which pains me.

• Weenie 1

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

One interesting thing that I am noticing is that 1970-71 is listed as a mixed-basin-wide la nina in my data set, but the forcing was definitely more like an east-based event, and it isn't close.

What is the best site to access SST archive data?

Tabular weekly ENSO data only goes to 1990, which pains me.

I guess you could do the  ESRL composite site? My guess is that it will look like 1987 Zelda graphics looking at SST anomalies from that year.

https://psl.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/data/composites/printpage.pl

This was the page I always liked, but doesn't go back far.

https://www.ospo.noaa.gov/Products/ocean/sst/anomaly/2019.html

21 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I guess you could do the  ESRL composite site? My guess is that it will look like 1987 Zelda graphics looking at SST anomalies from that year.

https://psl.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/data/composites/printpage.pl

This was the page I always liked, but doesn't go back far.

https://www.ospo.noaa.gov/Products/ocean/sst/anomaly/2019.html

Yea, that's all I have, too.

Thanks.

25 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I dont know why I can't get mine that detailed....this is all I can getWHY.png.c7a9e0c3db351adcd20ea0713f5e6e96.png

Chane the values in the "override default contour interval" feature near the bottom before submitting the map. Go like "interval = 0.1" "High 1.5" :Low = -1.5"

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Got fringed here, 3", but 9" (month's biggest) from the next one, bringing the month total to 46.5", 0.3" more than Dec 2007.  (2017 is the snowiest Feb, 46.9" despite nothing during the final 12 days.)  Feb 2008 had 11 days with 1"+ and 5 with 5"+, the archetypical endless snow period w/o anything really big.  The 6 days 5-10 brought 4 storms of 4" to 6.4" totaling 20.9" plus a 1.8" 'dusting' on the 8th.

15 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I clocked about 60 inches.   December was amazing and January and February each had periods of winter.

This was actually a nice storm in January 2008....infamous for the huge bust in NYC (almost all rain there when they had a warning out for like 5-8"). I think BOS had about 7-8" and I had just under 10". It was my largest storm of the season....barely (12/16/07, 12/13/07, and 2/22/08 were like all an inch less)

Jan13_1145pmRadar.gif

Jan14_200amRADAR.gif

Jan14_440amRADAR.gif

Jan14_720amRADAR.gif

2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Logan had 50.

52.0" to be exact.

I think they are officially listed as 51.2" because somehow the 0.8" from 12/31/07 never made it into the database even though it was on the PNS, lol. But I have the correct 52.0 on my map.

14 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

52.0" to be exact.

I think they are officially listed as 51.2" because somehow the 0.8" from 12/31/07 never made it into the database even though it was on the PNS, lol. But I have the correct 52.0 on my map.

Yeah the pike region did ok.  Once you got >10 miles south it was less by a good margin.