Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Summer 2020 Banter

doncat

1 hour ago, STORMANLI said:

I feel and know your pain. Sad, but wonderful memories also keep my deceased wife alive, especially today, her birthday. :cry:

My sympathies for your loss on this, your Mrs.birthday. Indeed we share pain, so many of us, we could be a forum unto ourselves. My lost love was born on December 18th. She loved that time of year. I still keep, in her memory room, a fully decorated 4 foot artificial tree, the last one I bought for her. It was the final tree and our last celebration together barely seven weeks before she left. The memories often bring tears but somehow those same memories also manage to sooth the pain. I look at her portrait and sometimes whisper “Vaya con Dios, until we meet again” as always .....

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, STORMANLI said:

Thanks. Time is an interesting quantity, as it is almost 6 years and sometimes it feels like forever and then sometimes like yesterday. My favorite memorabilia, besides her bunny figurines that she loved might be a skywriting depiction of our names together. Regards

Thank you, my friend. Until that time, as always......

23 minutes ago, psv88 said:

Correct. Upton has to forecast for Montauk point and high point NJ, up to Orange County. Totally different climates.

chicago doesn’t have different climates like that, other than some areas which may have lake breezes from time to time 

Agreed.  And to make it confusing to folks around here is that we border three other NWS offices. I realize that happens in plenty of other parts of the country though. 

19 hours ago, NorthShoreWx said:

I just saw a great shooting star to the west heading roughly from south to north.  I wouldn't call it a fireball, but like someone threw a sparkler close by.  Definitely one of the better ones.  Anyone else catch it?

damn I missed it! was it brighter than Venus?  was it more like a fast flash or a slow streak?

if nothing else, the hyperactivity of this tropical season looks like it will continue, and we need to be aware of the steering pattern forecasts.  forget the 240hr pressure maps from the Kazakhstan model or w/e.  the lows we've seen so far are very aggressive in taking what they can get and running with it, and Africa is going to be pumping waves for a few months.  buckle up and wear a helmet you nerds.

7 hours ago, Will - Rutgers said:

if nothing else, the hyperactivity of this tropical season looks like it will continue, and we need to be aware of the steering pattern forecasts.  forget the 240hr pressure maps from the Kazakhstan model or w/e.  the lows we've seen so far are very aggressive in taking what they can get and running with it, and Africa is going to be pumping waves for a few months.  buckle up and wear a helmet you nerds.

The MDR continues to be a mess. I would look closer in, until if and when things change 

if you're dreaming of a white Christmas la nina or neutral winters have the most...1" or more on the ground Christmas morning...

1959.....neutral...

1960.....neutral...

1961.....weak neg...

1962.....weak neg...

1963.....el nino

1966.....weak neg...

1970.....la nina...

1975.....la nina....

1980.....neutral...

1983.....la nina...

1995.....la nina...

1998.....la nina...

2009.....el nino...

• Like 3

• Rjay unpinned this topic
On 9/5/2020 at 3:25 PM, weathermedic said:

Las Vegas (12 noon local time) OBS: Temp 102/ DP 25/ RH 6/ HI 95.

Love that single digit humidity and HI actually lower than the air temperature.

Palm Springs the hot spot at 118

Death Valley (Furnace Creek visitors center) "only" 112

121 in LA County!  Latest 120?