Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer 2020 Banter

doncat

On 8/3/2020 at 8:55 PM, etudiant said:

Sounds like she caught a Pipevine Swallowtail, they are still reasonably abundant, although disappointing as prey.

I'm sure your cat would have much preferred a more substantial prey to offer to you, poor thing is probably mortified.

Frankly, no brilliant thoughts, cats are predatory pets, they are born to hunt and kill things. Absent rats and mice, something else will do, squirrels, warblers, whatever....  Other than keeping the poor things in all the time, there is no solution afaik.

Thank you for the information on the butterfly. It was indeed beautiful. Honey was part of a feral liter, born in the postage stamp and ended up staying close to the building. She adopted me so now she has a safe inside haven. I get a good amount of exercise letting her in and out. She will lay, usually on my papers, next to me while I’m typing. Several weeks ago when I pet her she began to lick the back off my hand. I was told this is a high compliment from a feline. Well I don’t mind. I can type, one handed, lefty. As always .....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, uncle W said:

I'll be on the shelf for a while...I had a detached retina operation yesterday...don't know how it happened...old age does funny things...no pain but having a patch over one eye is...

Very happy you were able to diagnose and repair. Be well. I look forward to reading you again. As always ....

• Like 3

I'll be on the shelf for a while...I had a detached retina operation yesterday...don't know how it happened...old age does funny things...no pain but having a patch over one eye is...

My mom is starting to get eye problems. 

Get well

• Like 2

12 hours ago, uncle W said:

As others have said, wish you a speedy recovery.  Rest up & get well.

• Like 2

the worst part of recovery is I have to keep my head down most of the time for at least a week...I cant sleep on my back...Im lucky it was fixed just in time...I got the chinese virus test and it was negative...if it was positive i would have gone blind in that eye because they would not do the operation...

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, uncle W said:

the worst part of recovery is I have to keep my head down most of the time for at least a week...I cant sleep on my back...Im lucky it was fixed just in time...I got the chinese virus test and it was negative...if it was positive i would have gone blind in that eye because they would not do the operation...

Great news on the virus test. Take it slow and keep your head down low.  

• Like 1

:o i didnt know virus's can be chinese :P

I also hope that Uncle makes a speedy recovery. Reading Uncle’s posts along with Don’s back in the old Eastern days got me interested in joining. Citizen science made a giant leap with the birth of online weather forums such as this. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, bluewave said:

I also hope that Uncle makes a speedy recovery. Reading Uncle’s posts along with Don’s back in the old Eastern days got me interested in joining. Citizen science made a giant leap with the birth of online weather forums such as this. 

And now you have become a foundation for this forum along with @donsutherland1 and @uncle W likely causing others to join and get involved unlike myself...causing people to put me on block LOL. Best wishes Unc!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

And now you have become a foundation for this forum along with @donsutherland1 and @uncle W likely causing others to join and get involved unlike myself...causing people to put me on block LOL. Best wishes Unc!

Thanks for the kind words. I really enjoy reading your posts which add to the solid foundation of this forum. We have built a very deep bench here.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Thanks for the very kind words, Bluewave. I enjoy reading your posts all the time. Keep up the wonderful contributions.

• Like 4

• Rjay unpinned this topic