Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
SNE "Tropical" Season Discussion 2020

Bostonseminole

2 minutes ago, Cyclone-68 said:

Is it unusual for a storm to originate that deep  in the southwest Caribbean and then run the east coast? I would have assumed it would be more a Gulf or Florida threat coming from that location?

Sandy was in that spot too. That's where the homebrew stuff can originate.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Definitely watch early October. Not only is it climo, but we should have a deep longitudinal trough at that time. 

I’ve actually had a couple of people say to me that we can’t have hurricanes up here in October because the water is too cool by then. I don’t agree with that reasoning btw 

Just now, Cyclone-68 said:

I’ve actually had a couple of people say to me that we can’t have hurricanes up here in October because the water is too cool by then. I don’t agree with that reasoning btw 

You can easily have extra-tropical transitioning storms. In fact our two big Oct wind storms of 2017 and 2019 had tropical like entities with them. We basically had a category 1 in PYM county, Cape Cod, and Essex County last year. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

You can easily have extra-tropical transitioning storms. In fact our two big Oct wind storms of 2017 and 2019 had tropical like entities with them. We basically had a category 1 in PYM county, Cape Cod, and Essex County last year. 

Yea speed negates a lot. High speed express trains don’t stop and pick up energy, they bring the energy with them.

• Like 1

That was wild. There was  not much more than 40-50 West of the mesolow track which was literally just west of me into BOS and up 93. But man for about 1 hr it went nuts. Wife woke me up screaming we need to move the kids into our room and away from the oaks. Logan also gusted near 70. Lots of damage, maybe more than 2017 here. No school for my son. That storm also had big downslope wind for Ineedsnow.