Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
SNE "Tropical" Season Discussion 2020

Bostonseminole

10 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Decided on the shorter trip to NE Mass. Looking forward to a relaxing afternoon by the sea. 

9ddoXHb.jpg

What beach you at 

Swell is still relatively modest on bouys

Waiting for the jump and then I’m heading out . Hopefully it arrives before dark.

for Ne mass I look at Jeffrey’s Ledge bouy still tame at 5ft @ 11-12 seconds 

bouy just S of ACk is 12 feet @13 seconds 

1 hour ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I’m at Good Harbor Beach. Should I go elsewhere? I’m just wave watching. 

I’m heading to Nahant . Hoping things jack up against the sea wall for 4pm high tide

Only thing I don’t like about Good Harbor is the drive , I do wonder if it’s rather shallow and subject to closing out. Waves should increase noticeably around 4pm

I like being as Close to the breaking swell as possible , so I love jetty’s , points etc (where I’m elevated but they aren’t breaking 1/4 mile out from me)

• Like 1

On 9/20/2020 at 5:27 PM, CoastalWx said:

Yeah, but any bullets in the chamber? 

Funny thing is that was an accidental post... 

I was going to caption that with, " ...why is it that whenever we see this sort of set up, there is no TC... but when there is a flurry of them stressing NHC, we have this coch-block pattern" 

But when I came back from my run I realized I must've fat fingered it in before I could type that well deserved and real fact that is totally more true than mere sarcasm :axe: 

Nahant was awesome . After high tide w tons of splash over and solid swells(nothing crazy-it’s sort of a bay) I went down to end of town (down by 40 steps) and walked a path out to a elevated point rocks /cliff

Holy . fukkin wow. Swell is building fast and severely focused in that deep water spot.  Got rocked by a rogue’ish wave. 15-20 foot face 

31 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

21.3 feet @ 16 seconds just SE of MVY last  hours  . Knew it was gonna jump huge around dark but that is insane . Holy geezus. That’s max I’ve seen here . Too bad this peaks from 9pm-3am.

Even 12’ at BOS harbor. That’s impressive given the winds. If this came west and backed in towards the cape.....yowzers.

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Even 12’ at BOS harbor. That’s impressive given the winds. If this came west and backed in towards the cape.....yowzers.

Boston Harbor is rocking . Tremendous difference between 20 foot swell @ 16 seconds and 12 foot wave height combined from  a 9 foot swell @12 second  and and some local chop but there are some very large swells in the mix for that bouy .

If this could have backed up another 12 hours I would have been nude for a week .

• Haha 1

I was lucky to surf the largest East coast waves I have ever ridden yesterday thanks to Teddy. Solid 15-18’ faces at a rock reef in Montauk NY. 
Teddy has been a prolific swell producer and illustrator of why fetch matters more then maximum wind speed. As teddy’s max wind speeds decreased its enlarging wind field was more able to impart energy into the ocean. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

I was lucky to surf the largest East coast waves I have ever ridden yesterday thanks to Teddy. Solid 15-18’ faces at a rock reef in Montauk NY. 
Teddy has been a prolific swell producer and illustrator of why fetch matters more then maximum wind speed. As teddy’s max wind speeds decreased its enlarging wind field was more able to impart energy into the ocean. 

Any pics?