Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
SNE "Tropical" Season Discussion 2020

Bostonseminole

23 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Sick,Maguires

Screenshot_20200919-160219_Chrome.jpg

One last thing

The Swell Energy Metric is off the Charts for Eastern Areas on Tuesday (3700) Kilo Joules

https://www.surf-forecast.com/breaks/Nahant-Beach/forecasts/latest/six_day

Coast Guard Beach (Eastham) is highest i've found at 5300 Kilo Joules) Tues P.m

https://www.surf-forecast.com/breaks/Nahant-Beach/forecasts/latest/six_day

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Yep looks like it. Earlier runs had it moving with some purpose, but now it just meanders before being shunted NE. Eliminates any westward progression possibilities and lowers the max wind potential for NS. Bullet (mostly) dodged. 

Yup, That difference that saves N.S is what increased the storms time in Eastern areas Swell window .

• Like 1

What a pos Teddy looks like this hour tho - eesh

It's either formulated a 100 mi eye ...or, it's gulp in shit ton of dry air now rattling around inside and gutting out...

World's biggest turd in the world's biggest punch bowl during the world's worst most active season on record - weird season

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Finally some good news in 2020. I’ll take a strong nor’easter over a cane no problem. Maybe Teddy will become a further shell of its former self. Still expecting some amazing waves. I’m gonna try to get near the coast to see it myself. Depending on conditions and road closures.(Authorities like to keep gawkers at away. For good reason)

#NovaScotiaStrong

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah, but any bullets in the chamber? 

I guess this is the setup we want to yank up a cane real fast like in 38.  Fortunately or unfortunately depending on how we look at it the parade of Cape Verde type storms has come to a stop.  Wouldn't Wilfred be in the right place about now to take advantage of this if the storm had not been shredded apart?  

Today is the anniversary of the 38 hurricane. A sad day in my hometown of Westerly RI which took the worst in terms of death & destruction with hundreds dead and its coast decimated. Debris field, the ocean is past the coastal pond to the right,current view a mile from the ocean. My dad was a first responder and one of the first on the scene at Shore Road a mile from the beach and saw this. Growing up with family stories of 38 is definitely why my interest in weather is so high.  This same area has 10 times the development. Epic disaster if it happened again.

5c1fd9afab248.image.jpg

IMG_0563.jpg

IMG_0475.png

Screenshot_20200921-063635_Photos.jpg

• Like 4