Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
SNE "Tropical" Season Discussion 2020

Bostonseminole

35 minutes ago, Cyclone-68 said:

Wow tropical cyclone alpha off the coast of PORTUGAL? Who had them in the cyclone pool? Has that ever happened before? (The location not the Greek name)

I was in England 3 years ago when Hurricane Ophelia struck the British Isles.  Main impacts were in Ireland and Wales, but did get a bit breezy around Manchester.  I also have a vague recollection of another tropical storm or hurricane hitting Portugal or Spain a few years ago, but can't recall when.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HimoorWx said:

I was in England 3 years ago when Hurricane Ophelia struck the British Isles.  Main impacts were in Ireland and Wales, but did get a bit breezy around Manchester.  I also have a vague recollection of another tropical storm or hurricane hitting Portugal or Spain a few years ago, but can't recall when.

Ophelia went extratropical 9-12 hours before hitting Ireland. Vince  in 2005 was downgraded to a TD just before landfall in Spain.

2 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Good luck over there. Definitely a serious event if the modeling has it right. Southern shoreline gets rocked as that transition takes place. 

aBq2G2v.png

You already know to do the standard weenie reduction with this one below

zeD719A.png

Looks like my fully bloomed panicle hydrangeas get spared the worst here on the south shore lol

1 hour ago, WxWatcher007 said:

How large are we talking on this image?

You can the GFS/EURO slowed TEDDY  in the last day ...lingering at a favorable spot longer in the NE Mass/ SE NH/S Maine swell window . The  slight "hook" back west happens at a latitude much more favorable to deliver a bombing East Swell 

14.6 feet at 16 seconds is what i see for "the wall" Near Hampton Beach NH Tuesday late afternoon.  I can't recall bigger for that spot

Looks like Based on a East Swell you can count on surf crashing well over the wall At Nantasket and Nahant later Tuesday afternoon and probably a lot of road closures . One of the last Very high Tides of the month is the Tues Pm high tide and that is mid P.M at Nahant. 

16 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

You can the GFS/EURO slowed TEDDY  in the last day ...lingering at a favorable spot longer in the NE Mass/ SE NH/S Maine swell window . The  slight "hook" back west happens at a latitude much more favorable to deliver a bombing East Swell 

14.6 feet at 16 seconds is what i see for "the wall" Near Hampton Beach NH Tuesday late afternoon.  I can't recall bigger for that spot

Looks like Based on a East Swell you can count on surf crashing well over the wall At Nantasket and Nahant later Tuesday afternoon and probably a lot of road closures . One of the last Very high Tides of the month is the Tues Pm high tide and that is mid P.M at Nahant. 

This will bang.  New Moon Goon

Screenshot_20200919-143624_Chrome.jpg

34 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Ok, I think I can enjoy a beach day on Tuesday. I know nothing about surf, but 10-20 ft swells sound interesting. Thanks @Ginx snewx & @STILL N OF PIKE.

Just realize the swell be down considerably along RI coast as it begins to come from more Due east Tuesday p.m and aims at Eastern Ma/NH/S Maine sections .