Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
SNE "Tropical" Season Discussion 2020

Bostonseminole

2 hours ago, Bostonseminole said:

Not sure why folks just don’t let people track storms and enjoy it.. let the weenies run wild, if you are not interested move on.

Dews was making a valid point , if people can’t take responses to weenies “running wild” then maybe it’s more a  personal issue someone has w dews?

15 minutes ago, MaineJayhawk said:

What day would the waves be the largest in southern Maine?

There ain’t much swell at all now . Thigh high SE swell 2.4 at 10 second on Portland Bouy. I’m guessing you want to see hurricane  swells , not some choppy bathtub waves from local side shore winds .

What spot are you looking at going to , as long as it’s not SW Maine coast you should see the initial SE Swell Teddy is generating currently (in a couple days )

You are going to get some large inconsistent SE swells in parts of Central Maine Coast late Sunday and Definitely Monday it fills in and builds  , as the day goes on Monday you will see the swell angle begin to turn more ESE and Southwest Maine that was initially blocked from the more SE swells (by elbow of cape ) will start filling in .

Those SW Maine over to SE NH Areas really depends more on that arching WNW of that low and at what longitude and its latitude position as it slows its forward movement (basically how long it spends in SW Maine swell window )

In short, definitely go NE of Portland for good exposure to the bombs 

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

There ain’t much swell at all now .

You are going to get some large inconsistent SE swells in parts of Central Maine Coast late Sunday and Definitely Monday it fills in and builds  , as the day goes on Monday you will see the swell angle begin to turn more ESE and Southwest Maine that was initially blocked from the more SE swells (by elbow of cape ) will start filling in .

Those SW Maine Areas really depends more on that arching WNW of that low and at what longitude and its latitude position as it slows its forward movement (basically how long it spends in SW Maine swell window )

Thanks, brother!  I'm thinking Tuesday pm with high tide is my best bet.  Enjoy the waves

11 minutes ago, MaineJayhawk said:

Thanks, brother!  I'm thinking Tuesday pm with high tide is my best bet.  Enjoy the waves

If you go to Magic Seaweed site or google “Higgins beach magic seaweed surf *forecast)

There is a cool layout if you scroll down that gives the swell angle and size and period over a graph thru Wednesday .

Looks like I stand corrected and there is enough east component in the swell so the elbow of the Cape should not block much initial SE swell even for areas down to Wells beach that will Max out Monday afternoon 

Shows a double peak . Monday Pm for large SE swell (that is a lock ) and another peak of a slightly shorter period ESE swell Tuesday Pm.

Grab some pics.

Im an idiot with downloading them , I have so many nice vids and photos from in front of Newport Mansions Surf that I would like to share, but when I go to add media it’s says picture won’t download or exceeds (something )

7 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

If you go to Magic Seaweed site or google “Higgins beach magic seaweed surf *forecast)

There is a cool layout if you scroll down that gives the swell angle and size and period over a graph thru Wednesday .

Looks like I stand corrected and there is enough east component in the swell so the elbow of the Cape should not block much initial SE swell even for areas down to Wells beach that will Max out Monday afternoon 

Shows a double peak . Monday Pm for large SE swell (that is a lock ) and another peak of a slightly shorter period ESE swell Tuesday Pm.

Grab some pics.

Im an idiot with downloading them , I have so many nice vids and photos from in front of Newport Mansions Surf that I would like to share, but when I go to add media it’s says picture won’t download or exceeds (something )

Awesome, thx for the tip!

11 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Grab some pics.

Take a screen pic, here is the one you sent me

20200915_162819.jpg

• Thanks 1