Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
SNE "Tropical" Season Discussion 2020

Bostonseminole

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

This is the problem with society that has been overly stimulated by all this specter provided by technology - 

You're sentence really should read:  "ALL the time it seems as though society thinks like a Michael Bay movie"   

Right now...out of doors, it is 81 F here with a DP of 57, with very little wind...  a hazed-blue smoke sky with partially dimmed sun still showing ambiance over a peaceful setting only offset by the sound of late summer insects cutting the air with their cricket like song.   Once in a while, a distance rumble of a flat bed truck on over the rooftops of the neighborhood, otherwise, entirely quiescent. 

That is the speed of reality.   Nothing you see on the internet occurs that fast in a cause-and-effect circuitry, that isn't self-imposed by humanity's frenetic arousal - nothing.

Everything and all histrionics is all man-f'n made is an illusion of urgency.  All of it ... 

But, this is digressing into a socio-technological/philosophy course work ... just sayin' ... 

To be fair I blame myself first and society second. It’s just the way I’m wired. Lol 

Just now, Cyclone-68 said:

To be fair I blame myself first and society second. It’s just the way I’m wired. Lol 

Nah trust me ... just another internet voice, granted - but fwiw it is a general population/human condition thing; you are not that uniquely wired in that regard ;) 

1 minute ago, Cyclone-68 said:

Tip you would  would make a good clinical psychologist too 

Ha!  no way - 

I am much more suited for the "art" of speculation... Not just weather, but trying to figure out what in the f motivates the 3-loon quota of 'intelligentsia' that guides this crazy engagement offers a deep, deep well of plausibility doesn't it - hahaha.   

27 minutes ago, tiger_deF said:

We are gonna be in for a rough suprise in the future, we can debate all we want about the intensity and cause of global warming but it's clear at least for the southern folks that snow events have been torching more and more often

Ya...not worried about that one bit.  It's gonna snow, and snow just fine in New England.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Cyclone-68 said:

Sometimes I wish weather were a little more like a Michael Bay movie only less poorly acted. 

Still one of my favorite youtube edits. If Michael Bay directed Titanic.

27 minutes ago, Cyclone-68 said:

Tip you would make a good clinical psychologist too 

LOL. As one in training, he is much more like my clinical neuropsychologist supervisors. 

• Haha 1

Just now, CoastalWx said:

I still think that is too far west, and really nothing for most except maybe Cape Anne and P-town where they get a little rain and wind. 

We definitely  need to watch this.. I'm guessing some of the ensembles  will be good hits.. we got 3 planes flying around out in the Atlantic today.. I think we get a better idea by tomorrow  afternoon 

Just now, ineedsnow said:

We definitely  need to watch this.. I'm guessing some of the ensembles  will be good hits.. we got 3 planes flying around out in the Atlantic today.. I think we get a better idea by tomorrow  afternoon 

Definitely worth watching but that west bias is really coming through lately, just like it does with winter storms (e.g., rainy cutters/runners when the GFS and even the NAM in la-la land put down snow or developing systems too early putting down 3' in NYC).