Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
SNE "Tropical" Season Discussion 2020

Bostonseminole

4 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Given how large a shift the GFS has had over the last several cycles, and its historical struggles in the tropics, I'm inclined to just toss its output beyond day 2 or 3 unless it shows and impact of dizzying proportions in New England.

lol ... just kidding -

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Lot of things going on out there.  Looks like Teddy gets stuck underneath that trough moving in from the GL this weekend.  Until that breaks down, we won't a clear idea of where it will eventually track.  Money is always on OTS with a storm that far N in the tropics.

It's not a bad way to anticipate ... no - 

But, we are in an era where the outcomes have increasingly been... 'extra ordinary' when inference from history/statistical suggestion is employed to put it nicely.

Lol, the problem with that is, the event of concern gets to hide from expectation huh -

8 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Euro takes Ted into eastern Maine again. Cut off seemed more SW relative to prior runs. I would love to witness the Fundy surge if that played out

Euro seems pretty convinced of that cutoff and blocking high. There's also a clear SW trend with the cutoff.

I don't think Teddy will get that far west because of how far east it is to begin with but it's an intriguing setup nonetheless.