• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
SNE "Tropical" Season Discussion 2020

Bostonseminole

Of course I don't expect this to happen, but I do feel like some sort of impact from Teddy is definitely not entirely out of the cards. Just hypothetically, this situation would easily push 15-20 feet of surge right into the bay. Can't even imagine the level of devastation

• Like 2

Level 3:
There's enough uncertainty in the mid-latitude wave guide in the medium range that areas even as far west as New England have to keep a close eye on this imo. If the wavelengths shorten & wave amplitudes increase a bit more + #Teddy ends up in the wrong place at the wrong time...
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

O Canada on that run but yeah—hard to feel any kind of confidence in the euro given how abysmal it has been. 

I’m far more interested in this for maritime Canada given the possible pattern than New England. The only way we even sniff a Hail Mary chance at action here IMO is a much further west track south and west of Bermuda.

I certainly would pull a MJO and Ineedsnow if I lived in Nova Scotia. Just think we are too far west. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Rayna Spinazola.

As a matter of conscience, I must insist on better drag names here.

Ray's options are:

• Diana Flashflood (finishes her act by throwing a drink at a customer who didn't tip)
  • Beryl Ling-West (never finishes a job)
  • Eva Cuation (messy, refuses to leave the club when they're trying to close)
  • Outflow (edgy queen, oversized wigs)
  • Irene Damage (still talked about in parts of Vermont, despite only having rolled through for a one-time gig years ago)

• Haha 4
  • Weenie 1

8 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

That EPS run was about as weenie as it gets for maritime Canada. That’s actually intriguing considering the overall pattern. For them, not us.

I still think we’d need to see something change in the fundamentals for NE west of say eastern Maine to truly be in the game. 

Screenshot_20200915-155337_Twitter.jpg

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1