Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
SNE "Tropical" Season Discussion 2020

Bostonseminole

23 hours ago, powderfreak said:

This is pretty crazy.  1:45 into it is getting about to conditions most of us wish we could experience.  The noise of the shattered glass at 2 minutes in is crazy to me...then that same place getting destroyed at 3:00 minutes.

Now ... just have that be snow 

can that be arranged?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Now ... just have that be snow 

can that be arranged?

Easily in the movie industry “typhoon Tip staring in the New atmospheric, climatological pre sequel thriller, The Day Before Tomorrow”  I know, i know, read more post less. As always .....

16 hours ago, rclab said:

Easily in the movie industry “typhoon Tip staring in the New atmospheric, climatological pre sequel thriller, The Day Before Tomorrow”  I know, i know, read more post less. As always .....

Do you like Science Fiction .. in general ?

you shouldn't feel you have to post less.  You're only going to get better if ...well, it depends what the goal of the engagement is:  if you care to get better, one should say. Better at this particular pass-time, you have to throw yourself at the mercy of court of public's cuttingly incisive ability to fairly judge one's content... 

That's called droll humor - I write that way on purpose, because I am a self-masicist and love it when beef-wit plebeians who miss or miss-interpret subtle nuances of communication parlance if they parachuted onto a telegraph tower.  Yet ... know all the answers - of course! 

Like me... :) 

Kidding kidding... jesus. 

• Thanks 1

I wonder if there is like a 'spin-up' climatology? 

I have noticed some years that 'rate of intensification' is better or worse ... possibly, subjectively identified by saying 'the ability to attain a convincing gain storm structure.' It does sensibly vary from year to year.  

This year... struggles.  We have had a flurry of weaker or sputtering systems that took days to attain TD status...and were in no hurry to finally categorize until trundling at times almost invisibly across the breadth of the Basin.  Laura finally did stick tail in the air and present for the suitor in the Gulf, and even demoed a borderline RI ( ..was that? ) but...that's one TC out of 12 named systems that finally muscled at all.  Contrasting, a year like way back in yore, 1995 ... that one was categorizing 3's like pez dispensing -

I dunno...I wonder if matters but it seems we have above normal frequency at below normal storm efficiency ... kind of like aggregated ... or total seasonal IKE might be lower than one would expect for 12 .. on the cusp of perhaps 17 named season -

As an afterthought ... usually when we find a lower IKE higher storm count physicality to the TC systemic ..that means there is a Kevin-like mole working down at TPC and a probe should be launched to ferret out the monger - "Look out!  Category 5 cumulus cloud"

7 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Do you like Science Fiction .. in general ?

you shouldn't feel you have to post less.  You're only going to get better if ...well, it depends what the goal of the engagement is:  if you care to get better, one should say. Better at this particular pass-time, you have to throw yourself at the mercy of court of public's cuttingly incisive ability to fairly judge one's content... 

That's called droll humor - I write that way on purpose, because I am a self-masicist and love it when beef-wit plebeians who miss or miss-interpret subtle nuances of communication parlance if they parachuted onto a telegraph tower.  Yet ... know all the answers - of course! 

Like me... :) 

Kidding kidding... jesus. 

I hope 

Thank you and agreed. Your last line was the savior. As always ....  (I do love Science Fiction) even though, lately the fiction seems to be fading. As always again....

43 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

With how names are handed out for every rotating thunderstorm, it certainly could.

two comments:   

- reminds me of the blitz creige in 1995 when there was like 5 names storms concurrent at one point. 

- what leaps out more to me than those acne blemishes down in the tropics is the shocking cold thickness layout across all of the eastern Canadian shield... I mean, that's not like a severed 850 mb plume there ...that's hemispherically footed absurd anomaly stuff - wtf... 

Looks like the destiny of this current GFS is going to inherit the eye-color of the present version's seasonal forgetfulness -