Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
SNE "Tropical" Season Discussion 2020

Bostonseminole

17 hours ago, MJO812 said:

Same position 

Yikes

One hopes Laura stirs up some less-hot water for Marco to cruise over.

12z GFS has the remains (of both?) dumping our first siggy RA here since mid July. 

Late edit:  Got the 'canes reversed - not often when the "L" storm is chasing the "M" one.

French Army Corp of Engineers gave up when ceding the land in the purchase and warned ... 'do not attempt to build a city there,' upon exit.

Anyway ... I mused ( or bemused ..) earlier about this season's propensity to 'under'whelm ... No system has really show panache in the development phases and in fact, if anything systems seem to sputter at least environment excuse to do so...

This morning Marco looked all but plunging into an RI phase of development and keeping with season trend, instead this happens...

"the last fix made by this morning's reconnaissance flight indicated that the pressure had leveled off, and no higher winds had been observed from what was measured earlier in the flight. The radar presentation from Cuban radar has also degraded a bit, so Marco's initial intensity is held at 55 kt."

It's dicey too - because TC's are a fickle beast to forecast and past performance doesn't dictate future responses and all that ... but when will the season trend of COVID-19 TCs get vaccinated - that's a question...

Remnants
Walt Drag made a thread about it in the NYC subforum.

2 things: Walt’s thinking as laid out in that thread is dependent upon the center of the remnant low passing within 70 miles of (in his case) NYC. Also, he doesn’t indicate that this will be “trouble” (other than maybe for marine interests), but rather an opportunity for much needed rainfall.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, Gwhizkids said:

2 things: Walt’s thinking as laid out in that thread is dependent upon the center of the remnant low passing within 70 miles of (in his case) NYC. Also, he doesn’t indicate that this will be “trouble” (other than maybe for marine interests), but rather an opportunity for much needed rainfall.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In NJ .. not sne 

10 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I always enjoy reading your stuff. I think our thoughts are similar again, though I would probably shift the high LF threat ever so slightly further west to cover Beaumont. I never really bought into the models killing Laura if it made it intact through the Antillies. You could see that the upper level pattern was going to be awfully favorable--but the guidance had a hard time putting things together I guess with two systems so close to one another. 

I'm always dubious of the super high end projections for landfalling systems along the northern Gulf coast, but this environment is primed for a well organized system to explode. I think we get our first major here, with real potential for something higher than a mid-range category 3 (maybe 20-25%). 

Thanks, man. You may very well be right about the track....just a first call. Final will be tomorrow night. One thing I have been working on over the past year or two is not being so defensive with respect to forecasting and embracing mistakes as a vehicle for refinement. It tends to make your thoughts much more readable, too. I have also been trying to tone down the syntax and length to make it more appealing to read and less cumbersome.

• Like 3