• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
SNE "Tropical" Season Discussion 2020

Bostonseminole

Saw this on the first episode of a Netflix show called Connected. The veery bird says the 2020 season may not be as bad as NOAA is predicting...

https://www.audubon.org/news/are-these-birds-better-computers-predicting-hurricane-seasons

“Whatever it is, they know by mid-May,” he says, explaining that the average date of all nesting attempts in years with low ACE was after May 23.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

8 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

There's an interesting small whirl some 400 miles E of Cape Canaveral FL that's been spinning for a three days there...it's presently obscured by its own CB flare-up ...but it's interesting -

https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/?parms=regional-southeast-02-24-1-100-1&checked=map&colorbar=undefined

I noticed that little guy this morning. Nice wave coming off Africa as well.

11 minutes ago, Hoth said:

I noticed that little guy this morning. Nice wave coming off Africa as well.

yeah..the late day loopage out there seems that regions acquired some cylonic tendency in general, too -

Also, it seems to me that NHC has a kind of quasi- reliance on the models too, for designating invests.  I mean they should... otherwise, what's the technology for - but it does seem that if there isn't at least some ensemble support they tend to ignore these things... That, out there and this little whirl that actually, the GGEM from 12z does bear some semblance of a reflection of it now in the surface pressure pattern albeit weak.   The one mid way did have a few runs a while back and go figure -

• Like 1

19 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I want to know more about these "disturbing movements of planets"    :lol:

For that H V you will have to research the work of Immanuel Velikovsky. He wrote a tome “Worlds In Collision” 70 years ago it caused quite a stir. It is said that at the time of his death, Albert Einstein had a copy of Velikovkys work on his desk. As always......

• Like 1