Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
SNE "Tropical" Season Discussion 2020

Bostonseminole

10 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

50 on the coast with leaves on trees is not a usual summer day. Pretty much all TS strength storms are LOL inland Mass

Meh...dime a dozen in the other 3 seasons. I guess southerly 50mph on the coast in summer could cause a bit of damage. But the rain threat is 99% of this...

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Gonna be some surprised mets and folks in SNE based on some of the posts. Nothing like spiking the ball early. Haven’t we learned?

You haven’t been through many New England TCs, have you?

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Meh...dime a dozen in the other 3 seasons. I guess southerly 50mph on the coast in summer could cause a bit of damage. But the rain threat is 99% of this...

You haven’t been through many New England TCs, have you?

Little early to express 100% confidence no issues with wind damage . This isn’t an easy winter storm to predict. My advice is to wait until Monday until you write something off

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Little early to express 100% confidence no issues with wind damage . This isn’t an easy winter storm to predict. My advice is to wait until Monday until you write something off

I didn’t totally write it off. But as of now, it’s at the bottom of the list. There arent many scenarios where this is even a strong TS at landfall. The scenarios where the location is central/western CT have the storm tracking over the interior of the I-95 corridor so you don’t  have any wind core left. Stronger scenarios are more plausible out east toward the cape if this stays more offshore. 

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I didn’t totally write it off. But as of now, it’s at the bottom of the list. There arent many scenarios where this is even a strong TS at landfall. The scenarios where the location is central/western CT have the storm tracking over the interior of the I-95 corridor so you don’t  have any wind core left. Stronger scenarios are more plausible out east toward the cape if this stays more offshore. 

You do if it’s non tropical aka UKMET . There’s also an insanely powerful LLJ. These things very often have tricks up their sleeves.. see David 1979.

27 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

What can happen is a barotrophic enhancement as it transitions to extratropical. All these posts this morning are pretty menial. I mean it is a weak TS but with lots of rain and coastal wind its not your everyday summer rain storm as depicted today anyway.

I’m not sure how strong Irene was (grant it a different track) but there was  tree damage in Eastern CT

4 minutes ago, Modfan2 said:

I’m not sure how strong Irene was (grant it a different track) but there was  tree damage in Eastern CT

Much much stronger. Those outer bands gave us 70 plus mph gusts leading to week plus of no power. Irene maintained its integrity up until NYC. Different animal

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Post above your bed....I consider 50 yawn. Maybe someone gets a rogue gust to 60? Our October wind events the last few years will LOL to Isis. 

Izzy's story is yet tbd as models have changed daily as well as its impacts. Seeing upstream what I see is perhaps more of a typical parabolic swing off the coast which would mean just a great rain storm enhanced by barotrophic influences 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Izzy's story is yet tbd as models have changed daily as well as its impacts. Seeing upstream what I see is perhaps more of a typical parabolic swing off the coast which would mean just a great rain storm enhanced by barotrophic influences 

I'll take the rain, but I don't think this is going near Cape or offshore. Probably into western CT and central MA.