Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
SNE "Tropical" Season Discussion 2020

Bostonseminole

3 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Reading your first call, I think our thoughts are similar. Although it’s still possible I suppose, I never bought into the deep Florida landfall solutions some of the models were spitting out. These FL scrapers are always tough, but more so this time because the track and intensity will actually have upstream impacts on our sensible wx, rather than the usual hard right off of NC and harmlessly OTS. 

Right now I’m thinking a center pass just SE of Montauk, but not really sure yet about intensity up here. If I had to guess right now I’d be fairly conservative. Maybe a 45-55kt TS that’s in the process of transitioning with some moderate shoreline impacts but most of that wind offshore. Rain the biggest threat inland, but not sure it’s something to write home about unless there’s some enhancement or PRE. 

Really hard to go higher than that here right now when we don’t know what this’ll look like past Florida yet. I do think there is a higher ceiling though if Isaías decides to ride the Gulf Stream rather than I-95.

Yea, we are on the same page.

5 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Guys it’s a minimal category one hurricane that’s sheared and in a dry environment. A stadium effect eye ain’t walking through the door lol.

It’s a good thing it’s POS strength wise.  The last thing we need is a weather disaster in the country.  A nice gale with some heavy rains would be welcomed here.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Guys it’s a minimal category one hurricane that’s sheared and in a dry environment. A stadium effect eye ain’t walking through the door lol.

Bahamian dews just can't compete with ours. Once it's up here, it'll soak up like a sponge and explosively intensify, even while tracking inland. It's science.

• Haha 4

24 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

It would be fun to see a TC strengthen from DE to LI

What can happen is a barotrophic enhancement as it transitions to extratropical. All these posts this morning are pretty menial. I mean it is a weak TS but with lots of rain and coastal wind its not your everyday summer rain storm as depicted today anyway.

• Like 3