Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
SNE "Tropical" Season Discussion 2020

Bostonseminole

Mr Drag says

Posting the standard GEFS/EPS ensemble 500MB winds for 12z/3 (decent RRQ)... and the now westward tracking EPS/GEFS all issued 00z/31. My take: the east coast is in the slot for at a minimum, dangerous rip currents, pockets of excessive 6-12 hour rainfall, preceded in some places  by 12-18 hours of a possible PRE, for which I'll add composites and references a little later this morning, As for wind/tornadoes/surge...east of track wherever that may end up.

I do see Isaias impacting the NY forum (separate thread on NY forum and will offer a bit more comment there) with a minimum, HIGH RISK dangerous RC for s coastal LI and heavy rain for most if not all the forum as depicted in this mornings WPC D4-5. 

Correct me if I'm wrong: I think the NHC OFFICIAL is from the 21z/30 advisory?

Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 6.22.03 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 6.23.07 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 6.26.52 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 6.27.30 AM.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Despite someone in E CT who thinks he’s a tropical expert calling for NBD here.. this is a very serious and legit threat for us . Not a lock , but when Walt Drag is worried .. this is real

Cowan noted Isaias' location near the entrance region of a healthy jet as it climbs the coast could argue for maintaining strength better than it might otherwise. We'll see. I'm not in any camp yet. These things are damn fickle. I didn't even manage a gust to 20 with a purported 60mph TS going to my west a few weeks ago.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SlantStickers Anonymous said:

I actually need to get my windows replaced, making this a bad time for any serious winds, so it's probably coming with a vengeance. 

Actually, it could be a great time.  You can hope for winds to break your windows and HOI will cover your new ones.  Sometimes things work out that way.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Haha yeah. I’m just posting the runs and data. That’s obviously unlikely. I want to see what the 06/12z guidance shows now that it has better initialization data but I doubt we suddenly get some big shift that takes this OTS by like 200 miles. Intensity is a far bigger question than track to me right now—which is usually the case with tropical.

Is it normal for two recon flights to be flying into a storm at the same time? (Starting to follow tropical much more closely and learn more since it's my weakest aspect of the field). 

23 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Cowan noted Isaias' location near the entrance region of a healthy jet as it climbs the coast could argue for maintaining strength better than it might otherwise. We'll see. I'm not in any camp yet. These things are damn fickle. I didn't even manage a gust to 20 with a purported 60mph TS going to my west a few weeks ago.

Yeah at this point nothing can or should be ruled out. Lots can and will change 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Despite someone in E CT who thinks he’s a tropical expert calling for NBD here.. this is a very serious and legit threat for us . Not a lock , but when Walt Drag is worried .. this is real

what the heck is your problem? I posted what the models show, you don't like what they show so you attack me. Tool

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Take a dip in the pool, cool off.. and come back with a level head 

Funny you were all over the OP run yesterday now you toss. Post your butt boy Crankys tweets this morning of it going into Florida then SC and then being nothing but a gusty rain storm. Pick and choose all you want I will stick with science and not your annual tropical wish casting. 

All solutions are possible at this stage, however, all these ENS probs are pretty pointless right now. I mean confidence in what happens with Isaias over the next 24-hours is extremely low...so forget about 4-5 days down the road. The prospects for 4-5 days down the road is highly dependent on evolution over the next 24-36 hours so until we get through this period what models shows 4-5 days out is rather pointless. 

49 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Odds are forever in his favor on NBD here.  It takes a precise track to make TCs meaningful in New England.  Let's stick to model analysis and lay off calling people out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1