Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
SNE "Tropical" Season Discussion 2020

Bostonseminole

1 minute ago, Modfan2 said:

OTS is very likely but I wouldn’t sell a ride up the coast across SNE. 

I look to get a pass a few miles to me East here in S FL maybe as a strong TS.

Not a hard sell, but I'd caution that placement near SE MA and ACK. GFS may have had the right idea with the weenie center jump.

Unfortunately for the drama seekers ... that depiction isn't it. 

It's weakening rapidly and typically, that lifts the wind field off the deck and starts frictionally inducing a stable layer - not necessarily representable in the thermal sounding...not speaking to inversions in that sense.  Fluid/viscosity vs the weakening PGF does the decoupling and lifts the wind field, such that cloud tags whisk overhead at ludicrous speed while your winds gust to 30 mph ...

But...that does still support the EFO/EF1 spin potential, because as the BL restoring bends inward ... meanwhile, the lifted/decoupled wind field thus creates a strong mass diffluence between the 3 and 6km levels over top, and that ropes any incidental rotation by pulling the column lengths ... blah blah...

Overall, depending on the speed of motion, that could produce small to intermediate stream flood response with perhaps 2 to 5" in extinguishing bands that might be in the process of losing intensity and shredding at that point - probably so... I bet that structure has sun shoots and sky-lights near the core ...poking through as it exits the Maine coast...   while the wind over interior SNE is dead calm at a DP of 78 

If the system is deeper and stronger when it quasi-accelerates ( "quasi" ..because it's not really even clear this thing does very convincingly) up the coast, and slams in ...that's a different scenario and physical impact.  Weakening or not, a deep core moving quickly will have a right quadrant wind max to contend with...and also, just have kinematics still playing out to really nail the left with rain...  Bob was moving fast and had these momentums/physics in pay ...and the speed of storm motion, outpaced the rate of decay concomitant with TCs entering the Bite water latitudes...  and that is key for New England impact scenarios: d(storm) < d(motion) we cannot have these things kinda sort accelerating as mere strong Trop storm profiles...  or regarldelss of whatever Frankenmodel like the NAVGEM lubes us with ... it won't be a mere strong Trop storm profile around here.  We have had Nor'easters with deeper pressure cores result only light winds in Metro West

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Cyclone-68 said:

Ok I’ll say it, I’ll buy two copies of your book John if you can push this up here somehow lol 

Ha!

Yeah.... sorry ...don't mean to come off as Dr No-ish or know-it-all either...

It's just that since I tend to pride myself and go out of my way to seek objectivity as a goal/acumen, that means I am quite likely going to default sound like a party pooper or debbie downer. Just being in the room ...heh.  By virtue of being proximal to the "ebullient willingness" of guidance interpretation ( eh hem...) that too oft permeates these bus-stops of weather-related cinema seeking social media pass-times .. I get to be the asshole. 

I'm sure there is that same tendencies over at Earth Quake Central, and Cosmic Ray Burst Just When She Finally Say Yes ... forums too - haha 

Tongue-in-cheek aside... If it gets above some developmental/momentum threshold ... mm, willing to guess that it exceeds expectation.  Not sure by how much ... either 1 mph or 40 ... but it would not surprise me.  Particularly when it turns right and heads up... it'll be passing over some of the richest integrated oceanic heat content on the planet...lengthwise for a time, too... as in, not merely passing across the axis of the g-string.  Folks, need to remember, the warm thong of the west Atlantic is oriented S-N from southern Florida to about Cape Hatteras... So, turn right and heading lengthwise along that does offer some intrigue ...as the shear profiles presently modeled appear favorable.   The storms motion relative to ( SRS) is very low ...

It just looks like a scenario for Bobian deepening so experimental thinking but we'll see.. .