Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June Discobs 2020

George BM

6 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Maybe downsloping, it was hot here but definitely less humid and a breeze.

Yes it was less humid today for sure. Locally there is no downsloping here though. He is a few miles NE of me, and its all flat and rural, and no direct bay breeze impacts. Just seems odd there would be a 5 degree difference without some sort of frontal boundary around, or a difference in cloud cover.

Just now, SnowtoRain said:

90.3 in Easton. It is in direct sun here, but my sensor has a shield.  

Easton is almost always warmer than here.

Greensboro and Goldsboro are literally a few farm fields apart lol.

My station sensor has a shield, plus its only briefly in direct sun in mid/late morning. I have a secondary temp sensor on the north side of the house I use for reference.

• Like 1

Just now, JakkelWx said:

My station is elevated off the ground in the middle of a grass yard. Isn't yours @C.A.P.E. right next to the woods? There are hardly any trees for about a mile and a half each direction here.

My house is directly in the woods. My station is a few feet off the ground behind the house. I like having a secondary sensor that is always in the shade- makes it easy to detect any errors due to sun soaking on the station sensor. Shielding/fan aspiration is the way to go to avoid high temp readings due to direct sun though.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

In the woods, its kinda difficult to ideally place the weather station. I placed it in the ideal spot for accurate rain readings, so it isn't under the trees. Still a decent spot for temp readings, although it does get into direct sun for a time.

797c95ba690f9b9ef1a3d4f505e1f64a.pngc668a5010eff052c7985d3f2ce4afd67.pngcbe0cb819b9105b3ad835b436b81c296.png

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Yes it was less humid today for sure. Locally there is no downsloping here though. He is a few miles NE of me, and its all flat and rural, and no direct bay breeze impacts. Just seems odd there would be a 5 degree difference without some sort of frontal boundary around, or a difference in cloud cover.

1 hour ago, JakkelWx said:

Downsloping off the roof of my house.

:lol:

I was on my phone and didn’t realize @JakkelWx was also on the good side of the bay. 

• Like 2

If the 06z GFS verifies for the July 9th - July 15th period, get ready for some very hot days and hot nights in the upper 70s inland and low 80s along the Chesapeake bay. Probably won't verify that hot though, but it's a fun run to look at for heat lovers.

1 minute ago, JakkelWx said:

If the 06z GFS verifies for the July 9th - July 15th period, get ready for some very hot days and hot nights in the upper 70s inland and low 80s along the Chesapeake bay. Probably won't verify that hot though, but it's a fun run to look at for heat lovers.

My tomatoes and squash will love it.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, JakkelWx said:

I’m down for some stupidly hot weather.  This spring/early summer has been surprisingly comfortable. 

• Like 1

GEFS has 0 to +2C temp anomalies over the next 10 days, and beyond. Basically normal for around here. Looks like plenty of 86-92 type stuff. Also looks generally dry. No surprise there. We always seem to go dry when the sun is strongest. My grass is already burning to hell in places.

• Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, JakkelWx said:

Another day of 7000+ j/kg of CAPE in the great plains right now. To add to that, new cells are rapidly developing right in the bullseye of that CAPE.

Meanwhile there is a well defined outflow boundary combining with a bay breeze showing up nicely on local radar moving westward from Delaware, and it cant even pop some drizzle.

36 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Meanwhile there is a well defined outflow boundary combining with a bay breeze showing up nicely on local radar moving westward from Delaware, and it cant even pop some drizzle.

Must be the subsidence on the southwest side of the ULL.

Was on the very edge of that small eastern HoCo/western BaltCo cell around 7-730pm while at my son's baseball practice.  Sun was out the whole time and it rained for 20 minutes with a double rainbow.  Nothing at home.  But now that new cell is heading my way...

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic