• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June Discobs 2020

George BM

A quick look at radar around 6:00 last night seemed to suggest that one cell would miss Towson to the northwest and another would miss Towson to the southeast.  Then, around 6:30 it started to pour buckets.  Seems as if the two cells merged over the area then trained for some time.  Have no idea how much rain, but my little back yard pond hole that I have been digging seemed 1/4 full of water (muddy mess today).  We even had another round of storms sometime after midnight.

Beautiful morning now with much lower humidity!!

Didn't know that the Euro model had this... bolded part is what I'm talking about... from this afternoon's AFD from LWX:

SHORT TERM /THURSDAY THROUGH FRIDAY NIGHT/...

The upper level trough will continue to drop southward through our
area on Thursday. As the disturbance moves through our area, some
showers along with a few thunderstorms will be possible. The best
area for showers and a few thunderstorms will be focused south of
the DC metro in central Virginia and southern Maryland where the
best moisture will be located. Overall I have limit pops to near 30
in central Virginia and 20 pops everywhere else with a slight chance
for thunderstorm. Although the Euro lightning flash rate product
shows thunderstorms developing, I believe thunderstorm development
will be limited due to lack of good instability. The main forcing
Will drop south of our area Thursday evening and only few lingering
showers will be possible after the sun goes down. Daytime temps will
run in the mid 80s again with overnight lows in the low to mid 60s.

Ensemble means still showing the tendency for a trough/NW flow at h5 along the east coast for the foreseeable future. Mean ridge and +height anomalies stay west/nw of our area. Looks like generally "normal" temps over the next 10 days, which is plenty hot enough for me.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JakkelWx said:

ULL idea starting to fall apart on the models? 

Still seeing it on the op runs to some extent, but it doesn't look like a rex block where it would truly cutoff and spin in place for a week. Also appears it would be located much further to the east or northeast at h5 than the previous 'events'. All subject to change of course.

2 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

We were sitting outside having a beer and getting lunch at Evo in Salisbury. Storm blew up with good lightning and thunder and forced us inside. Feels weird to be in an establishment. I’ve got my mask on between sips. I don’t care what Phinn thinks. I don’t want this shit.

When the storm subsides, hit the outdoor area at Tall Tales. Ask for Eric. He’s my boy and head brewer. And I work for them! Lol. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

We were sitting outside having a beer and getting lunch at Evo in Salisbury. Storm blew up with good lightning and thunder and forced us inside. Feels weird to be in an establishment. I’ve got my mask on between sips. I don’t care what Phinn thinks. I don’t want this shit.

love Evo. we hit it up every time we are in town

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mappy said:

love Evo. we hit it up every time we are in town

They’ve expanded their outdoor sitting. Really nice spot.

10 minutes ago, Scraff said:

When the storm subsides, hit the outdoor area at Tall Tales. Ask for Eric. He’s my boy and head brewer. And I work for them! Lol. 

lol. Thanks, brother! We will hit them up next!

Just now, nw baltimore wx said:

They’ve expanded their outdoor sitting. Really nice spot.

lol. Thanks, brother! We will hit them up next!

Yeah, my sister told me how they have done so much to make it safer for people to go. Her and her husband are down south, technically in Fruitland, but both work up north in Salisbury. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nw baltimore wx said:

We were on the beach in OC and my wife felt rain so I pulled up the radar and quickly called the evacuation. Had a great day though. I like having clouds keep the sun intensity down.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

We are staying in ocean pines tonight and going to assateague tomorrow with the truck. Let me know if you and your wife want to meet up at Burley Oak this evening!

Kids would be less enthusiastic :drunk:

2 hours ago, Scraff said:

Love Tall Tales. Try to make it there every OC trip. Beers are good and it’s cool they’re always named after fairytale/legend type stuff. 

13 minutes ago, yoda said:

Kinda surprised that those two storms out west are not severe warned... have pretty decent hail cores on them per radarscope 

Hail core went just to my West but got close to my house. Still pouring.

Edit: they just warned the storm coming out of Loudoun into MoCo. Where we board my daughters pony my friends farm is getting hail.

Had a very busy workday and didn't know we had yet another big t-storm rolling in.  It hit pretty hard with some 50-ish wind gusts, lightning and rain blowing in sheets.  The purples on Radarscope were just north - I wonder if there was hail up there.  Looks like about 0.7 more added to June's rich coffers, which now stand at 7.9 inches.  Wow.  Also dropped the temp to a nippy 62.

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic