Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June Discobs 2020

George BM

44 minutes ago, frd said:

Hey CAPE , if you can share your thoughts on a good product I really appreciate it .  Thinking about applying something like to my front lawn.  

FYI ., my front lawn has really turned brown, missed all the rain you have received. Lower half has gone dormant.  Going to be a tough summer rain wise I think. 

I will let you know when I figure it out lol.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wonderdog said:

Ortho used to have a liquid named 2787, might be off on the numbers though lol. Just look for the active ingredient but I know you know that

It is a fungus that has the spiderweb look on the grass with help from the dew. Powdery mildew. 2787 however used to be good for about two weeks.

2 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Talk to a landscape company. Let a professional advise you. Products from big box stores like Lowes aren’t likely to be of much help.

2 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I will let you know when I figure it out lol.

I used a spray one year, but I’ve also used a spreader and granular Scott’s DiseaseEx and Bayer’s Fungus Control with good results. The spray was also Bayer’s but I can’t remember if it worked any more quickly. All worked well though.

4 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I used a spray one year, but I’ve also used a spreader and granular Scott’s DiseaseEx and Bayer’s Fungus Control with good results. The spray was also Bayer’s but I can’t remember if it worked any more quickly. All worked well though.

I took the advice of @WinterWxLuvr and went to a local AG place that sells blends of grass seed specifically for the soils of the eastern shore. The dude there was very knowledgeable, and he recommended spraying. Based on my description, his recommendation for a product was Fung-onil, so I went with that. I might get it sprayed tonight, as it seems unlikely it will actually rain lol.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I took the advice of @WinterWxLuvr and went to a local AG place that sells blends of grass seed specifically for the soils of the eastern shore. The dude there was very knowledgeable, and he recommended spraying. Based on my description, his recommendation for a product was Fung-onil, so I went with that. I might get it sprayed tonight, as it seems unlikely it will actually rain lol.

I can’t wait to hear what you think in a week or two,

• Like 1

LOL.  I get off work at 5:00 and went out to get the grass cut with recycling coming tomorrow.  I check radar and there's nothing anywhere close so good to go for my 45-minute job.  After two strips I hear a thundercrack and look up at the sunny sky.  Shrug.  A minute later I hear a LOUD crack and look at radar and see this new cell forming right over top of me.  Within another couple minute it's raining hard with multiple bolts.  Now it's raining in sheets, with close CTG bolts, and still sunny skies to the NW.  So much for that job! *reaches in the fridge for a beer.*

• Haha 2

Ended and sun already coming out.  About 1.0 fell in less than 15 minutes.  This pic does not give it justice, but the yard behind us floods BAD when it rains this hard.  The people on the right put in a huuuuge stone patio that takes up all but a couple feet from their back property line.  Also the people a couple houses further up cemented their entire back yard.  This makes the drainage a nightmare for the houses behind me.  That stuff can't be compliant with codes.

image.png.6f00cab4d50e9c7c107d405fb6f3abdf.png

• Confused 2

27 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I can’t wait to hear what you think in a week or two,

I just sprayed it. A shiit ton lol. A lot more brown out there than I thought. If its a fungus, I should see some results. Intuitively I have always thought(and still think) this is more of an indication that the tree roots are winning out and starving the grass of nutrients. We shall see.

In other news, I saw a legit tarantula in the grass while I was spraying. Biggest spider I have ever seen here, and there are plenty of big wolf spiders. This thing was textured/bumpy and ugly af. I should have taken a picture, but my first instinct was to stomp on that mother fu**ker, lol.

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I just sprayed it. A shiit ton lol. A lot more brown out there than I thought. If its a fungus, I should see some results. Intuitively I have always thought(and still think) this is more of an indication that the tree roots are winning out and starving the grass of nutrients. We shall see.

In other news, I saw a legit tarantula in the grass while I was spraying. Biggest spider I have ever seen here, and there are plenty of big wolf spiders. This thing was textured/bumpy and ugly af. I should have taken a picture, but my first instinct was to stomp on that mother fu**ker, lol.

My girlfriend approves.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, southmdwatcher said:

Be careful with claims of redemption, we may get another Hazel or Hurricane of 1821, I would prefer the 1899 Blizzard.

I know it’s probably another incoming disaster...who knows maybe we get lucky 

9 hours ago, yoda said:

I can see distant lightning from the storms in C MD looks like from here in Springfield, VA

It's likely either the storms out north of Leesburg that are in MD or the storms west of Middleburg in extreme western Loudoun County 

You might have seen the storms over top of me last night. Was a pretty decent storm. 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic