Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June Discobs 2020

George BM

1 minute ago, Scraff said:

Slightly concerned now for downtown Ellicott City. :unsure:

I thought the same thing, I made a post on my weather page about it. Should be moving fast enough to avoid major concern but yes, I noticed the explosive development right over it practically and a little bit of north training with that cell 

2 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

I thought the same thing, I made a post on my weather page about it. Should be moving fast enough to avoid major concern but yes, I noticed the explosive development right over it practically and a little bit of north training with that cell 

Let’s definitely hope that these slide through there with some pace. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

@nw baltimore wx jackpot incoming ...

Again :whistle:

Baltimore looks prime for some heavy rain. 

Been raining for almost 2 strait hours here . Very light past hour but nonstop regardless.  Up to 1.05

Just over an inch from the first batch and some more coming behind it.  Hopefully nothing too heavy.

Really pleasant weather down here in Buda TX! I was really enjoying it as I worked on the flowerbeds, hauling mulch all over the place, plenty of sunshine, few puffy cumulus with 96 degrees and 77 degree dewpoints! That heat index was something else! 110 degrees!

We get decent summers down here, and it is only getting started!

6 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

1.20" here . Everything is green :whistle:

Most guidance has showers coming through Thursday now after a break tomorrow.  

Plenty green here, for now. If it doesn't rain every few days this time of year I have to water to nurse the grass along though. Super well drained soil plus competition from large trees all around makes it a difficult task with high sun and long, hot days..

12 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

That's one thing I have never had to worry about here lol.

Actually maybe I am wrong. Just looked it up and fungus can occur do to dryness. Shows my ignorance. Looking at the photos, it looks like what I am seeing now. Patchy brown spots where it appears the grass is going to thatch. It occurs in places where the sun is beating down on it all day. Maybe I should put up a few small canopies lol.

19 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Actually maybe I am wrong. Just looked it up and fungus can occur do to dryness. Shows my ignorance. Looking at the photos, it looks like what I am seeing now. Patchy brown spots where it appears the grass is going to thatch. It occurs in places where the sun is beating down on it all day. Maybe I should put up a few small canopies lol.

There are some spray concentrations that are really good. They take a week or so to show improvement but work great.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nw baltimore wx said:

There are some spray concentrations that are really good. They take a week or so to show improvement but work great.

So apparently the fungi/spores are always there but they do the damage when grass become stressed for whatever reason. I just always assumed it was burning due to the sun/soil dryness. Maybe worth spaying the whole area using a garden sprayer? Not a big area at all where I am trying to maintain some decent grass.

• Like 1

Just now, C.A.P.E. said:

So apparently the fungi/spores are always there but they do the damage when grass become stressed for whatever reason. I just always assumed it was burning due to the sun/soil dryness. Maybe worth spaying the whole area using a garden sprayer? Not a big area at all where I am trying to maintain some decent grass.

Definitely worth it. Just a guess, but in about ten days you’ll be glad that you did.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Cant hurt. I'll stop at Lowes and grab something on the way home. Thanks.

Hey CAPE , if you can share your thoughts on a good product I really appreciate it .  Thinking about applying something like to my front lawn.  

FYI ., my front lawn has really turned brown, missed all the rain you have received. Lower half has gone dormant.  Going to be a tough summer rain wise I think. 

17 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Ortho used to have a liquid named 2787, might be off on the numbers though lol. Just look for the active ingredient but I know you know that

It is a fungus that has the spiderweb look on the grass with help from the dew. Powdery mildew. 2787 however used to be good for about two weeks.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic