Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June Discobs 2020

George BM

1 hour ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I’m over this whole rain thing. Don’t need my landscape to look like something from the Amazon rain forest. 

Was in Tampa this week, got back here and honestly couldn’t tell the difference between the two in terms of climate. 

Looking at the ensemble guidance, it appears a strong upper ridge with an axis to our west builds at the end of the month into the first few days of July. That would keep us in more of a NW flow, but with the ridge so close, it would likely be at least a bit above normal, but nothing out of the ordinary. Beyond that, the GEFS retros the ridge and we end up with this. Looks kinda familiar. Its pretty far out, but not seeing any strong indications of a prolonged period of excessive heat for our area, and I will gladly take it.

gfs-ens_z500a_namer_65.png

3 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Looking at the ensemble guidance, it appears a strong upper ridge with an axis to our west builds at the end of the month into the first few days of July. That would keep us in more of a NW flow, but with the ridge so close, it would likely be at least a bit above normal, but nothing out of the ordinary. Beyond that, the GEFS retros the ridge and we end up with this. Looks kinda familiar. Its pretty far out, but not seeing any strong indications of a prolonged period of excessive heat for our area, and I will gladly take it.

gfs-ens_z500a_namer_65.png

Sounds good to me. 

54 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Ha we will see how it works out. We almost always go into torch mode for much of July and August.

Today is the first day in the past nine that KOKV has reached 80 degrees. There have been 12 days this month that we have stayed under 80. Not a bad June.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, mappy said:

Hoping the heat being advertised for the weekend happens. Have a birthday to celebrate with some crabs, the pool and family. 

That is wonderful, Ms Mappy. Post a picture of the joy, if you can. Also one of the crabs it’s not often I get a chance to see the out of state relatives. As always .....

That one that popped out of nowhere in western Montgomery County almost caught my kids out for a walk.  They were moving when they got back LOL.  Made it by two minutes.

Rained pretty hard for a couple minutes with some thunder.  Tiny little cell.

Edit:  severe warned already wow!  Close miss for us for the big stuff.

6 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

Big, severe warned storm weakened and split right as it arrived.  Still enjoying some thunder but not much rain.  Thought is was gonna be a gully washer until the last minute.

Yeah, right there with you.  Missed two rounds so far today.  I think I moved to a bad city for direct thunderstorm hits.  Rain and moderate rumbles.

These storms will likely fall apart as they move eastward towards the bay this evening. Models have clearly depicted that.There is a bit of ridging(subsidence) behind the departing upper low in eastern areas, plus the energy with the shortwave is moving more north than east. Eastern/NE MD may not see much of anything.

I will be cranking up the sprinkler again by tomorrow lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

These storms will likely fall apart as they move eastward towards the bay this evening. Models have clearly depicted that.There is a bit of ridging(subsidence) behind the departing upper low in eastern areas, plus the energy with the shortwave is moving more north than east. Eastern/NE MD may not see much of anything.

I will be cranking up the sprinkler again by tomorrow lol.

looks like they may reach bmore though.  seeing some cells developing.  all that sun earlier set the stage...these are healthy storms.

Just now, 87storms said:

looks like they may reach bmore though.  seeing some cells developing.  all that sun earlier set the stage...these are healthy storms.

Yeah it does look pretty impressive. Models sometimes kill the convection too quickly. If anything makes it here it will be a pleasant surprise.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic