• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June Discobs 2020

George BM

Time for a mini chase. Stuff is really popping to my NE, E. and SE. If it manages to miss here, at least I can get some nice cloud shots. Cant see a damn thing here in the woods. Living in the "mini great plains", its very conducive to getting some impressive storm photos.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Took these less than a half mile from my driveway. Talk about storms all around. Hopefully something will hit here lol.

to the NE-

To the NW-

To the SE-

Solid proof that having an account on a weather forum causes weather to avoid you. What more do you need?

I’ll be deleting my account now /s

3 minutes ago, Rhino16 said:

Solid proof that having an account on a weather forum causes weather to avoid you. What more do you need?

I’ll be deleting my account now /s

Nah just a law of averages thing. I did very well here last month and early this month. It does seem to always dry out here often when the sun is the strongest though. I am used to my grass going to thatch just about every summer.

Raining hard here now, so maybe delayed but not denied

2 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Nah just a law of averages thing. I did very well here last month and early this month. It does seem to always dry out here often when the sun is the strongest though. I am used to my grass going to thatch just about every summer.

Raining hard here now, so maybe delayed but not denied

Congrats on your rain! Celebrate with DFH 120? B)

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Stormfly said:

What a strange weather pattern we're in!

I will take it if it produces rain without long dry stretches, and keeps prolonged bouts of extreme heat away. Looks like we will  see that continue through the end of the month. Remains to be seen how things play out beyond that. We pretty much know the deal in the MA though.

Little rain here, we're in a hole.  Picked up 0.291" in the past 24.

Some rumbles and CG strikes within the warn radius.  Had to close up and turn on AC due to increased dews.  I'd much rather have PC last week with mid 50 dews and breeze.  Got some tree line work done without drowning in perspiration!  Now it's feeling too tropical for us.

Just now, nw baltimore wx said:

After a slow start, @C.A.P.E. could be the big winner today, but I’m very happy with the past 24 hours.

Locally, just about every place around here has probably had more rain, but I am quite content with the 0.80" in my bucket.

Does not appear at this point I will see anymore. Should be winding down over the next couple hours in most areas with the loss of daytime heating.

Got home from work and was surprised to see just shy of 4" in my bucket. From radar I was estimating I got between 2.5-3".  I was worried about my corn lodging (falling over) with that much water in soil alone with the wind i hear we also had. Everything is fine thankfully. With growing crops it's surviving from storm to storm. 

• Like 2

Looks to be pretty active over the next several days with a warm to hot and humid air-mass, and some small scale disturbances moving through. Later in the week it appears there will be a cold frontal passage with maybe a marginal severe threat? Anyway, not a boring stretch of weather, and at least some decent rain chances continuing.

Might not need the sprinkler this week at all.B)

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic