• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June Discobs 2020

George BM

Having fun standing here at the end of my driveway watching the lighting, listening to the booming thunder, and  seeing torrential rain falling from this bad boy, literally a couple miles to my west.

Everything is forming on an axis just west of here, and moving north, for now. Not optimistic. At least it clouded over for a bit, temporarily blocking the searing sun from further burning my grass. :whistle:

storm.thumb.jpg.7a505301f3b08d8d799a17a7891686cc.jpg

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Having fun standing here at the end of my driveway watching the lighting, listening to the booming thunder, and  seeing torrential rain falling from this bad boy, literally a couple miles to my west.

Everything is forming on an axis just west of here, and moving north, for now. Not optimistic. At least it clouded over for a bit, temporarily blocking the searing sun from further burning my grass. :whistle:

storm.thumb.jpg.7a505301f3b08d8d799a17a7891686cc.jpg

I know the feeling...going to be harvesting popcorn around Easton this year if we don't get some rain, sitting at 1.0" for the month.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Herb@MAWS said:

0.91” in about 45 min timespan along with one of the best lightning bolt/thunderclap combos in some time. 

My neighbors PWS only says 0.51”. I’m always skeptical it runs low most of the time.

4 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Maybe some development south and east of you now?

I think some stuff is forming along the bay/sea breeze moving inland across Delaware.

Sun is back out here. Lol if I don't see any rain from this, I will have to call it a major bust, given the 80% pops and heavy rain wording. I was skeptical given the tendency for limited/ hit and miss coverage with slow moving pulse type convection. 50% would have been good enough.

Maybe the sun combined with either the outflow boundary from the stuff to the north, or the one moving NW from the coast will pop something here. Grasping at straws, lol.

Been awhile since I have heard so much rumbling thunder for so long with no rain. Time to crank up some  Blind Melon. :sun:

I have my Terrapin Imperial coffee stout though as I "track", so I'm good.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic