Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June Discobs 2020

George BM

5 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

About .60” on the day. I’m still hoping for more from the stuff south of DC later. We could all use it, and without the AC working upstairs, it would make for great sleeping weather,

Also finally seeing a decent number of lightning bugs. 

Radar lighting up around DC

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Wow, das. That’s beautiful. I hope you’re schooling some folks up there on those models

There’s some real talent up here. I’m enjoying learning about the microclimate specifics and distinctions of a new place. Down there, it’s all so natural since I’ve been in the mid Atlantic for so long. Up here, I am having to think hard since small areal differences have a large practical weather impact. Just like down there. 

15 minutes ago, das said:

There’s some real talent up here. I’m enjoying learning about the microclimate specifics and distinctions of a new place. Down there, it’s all so natural since I’ve been in the mid Atlantic for so long. Up here, I am having to think hard since small areal differences have a large practical weather impact. Just like down there. 

Good to here that even the professors still need to learn. Are you full time there now or just quarantined there for the duration?

Enjoyed lots of thunder last evening from the slow moving storm that moved just south of here then died. Not a drop of rain though.

Today might be a bit more interesting with slightly higher dews and pwats. Looks again like the mode will be pulsers that don't move much in very weak flow, so places that get under one could see flash flooding, while places close by get nothing.

My sprinkler got a workout yesterday so I am prepared for the likelihood of again being betwixt and between.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

We picked up .73” yesterday and up to a normal’ish 2.60” for the month. The sump pump has barely kicked on for a few weeks so I’d gladly take some more. 

I was livin right the beginning of the month, but not so much lately.

3.05" for the month, but less than a quarter of an inch the last 10 days.

Already 77F here now, forecast high is 81F. We should definitely surpass the forecast high by a few degrees, and the majority of the cloud cover is still down by Norfolk.

Looks like the first real sustained heat pattern could set up beginning next week with a big eastern ridge in the beginning of July

6 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

.65" the last 2 days .

Currently 67/66 . Was a bit of fog early.  Headed  to Boiling Springs, Pa hiking with my girls . :thumbsup:

Plenty of craft breweries/brewpubs up that way you could stop off at after a long hike to get refreshed. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Good to here that even the professors still need to learn. Are you full time there now or just quarantined there for the duration?

Just quarantined for now. I’ll revert back to weekdays in DC/Clarksburg and weekends up here once this thing is over. I’m fortunate that my agency can complete over 98% of its mission with a remote workforce. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JakkelWx said:

Already 77F here now, forecast high is 81F. We should definitely surpass the forecast high by a few degrees, and the majority of the cloud cover is still down by Norfolk.

Looks like the first real sustained heat pattern could set up beginning next week with a big eastern ridge in the beginning of July

Going out 10 days- the end of the month- both the GEFS and EPS project this look at h5. Not terrible for here, Probably typical warmth, with the big +temp anomalies further west/northwest. Have to see where the pattern goes from there.

gfs-ens_z500a_namer_41.png

8 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Radar popping already between DC and Annapolis.

The CAMs are probably going to generally suck on a day like this in pinpointing where storms fire. In such a weakly forced environment, I would think local boundaries(bay breeze) and terrain effects would be the likely mechanisms for triggering the best convection.

51 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Radar popping already between DC and Annapolis.

Had no idea. Took the kids outside to play for a bit and got down the block and heard a loud noise that sounded like thunder, but thought it could be a truck or something. Pulled up the radar and was shocked at what I saw. Needless to say, it looks like a monsoon heading our way and we scrambled back inside.

16 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

Had no idea. Took the kids outside to play for a bit and got down the block and heard a loud noise that sounded like thunder, but thought it could be a truck or something. Pulled up the radar and was shocked at what I saw. Needless to say, it looks like a monsoon heading our way and we scrambled back inside.

If it’s going to ruin my outdoor chillin on the deck plans, might as well monsoon it! Looks like some slow movers. You, me, and @WxUSAF seem to be in a good spot.

• Like 3

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic