• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
June Discobs 2020

George BM

Latest model trends continue with the upper low dropping further south into the Carolinas. This is looking a lot like the set up of a few weeks ago when the rain stayed mostly to the southwest of the region until the UL finally lifted out. At this point it appears we may stay mostly dry through Tuesday, with the best chance of rain coming at the end of next week.

10 hours ago, Eskimo Joe said:

GEFS and ENS don't get 500 heights above 585 through the 25th of June and dead tropics. This is quickly shaping up to be the year without a summer.

Ehh doubt it. Heat will be in full force starting around the 20th  other signals point towards a hot summer.

22 minutes ago, JakkelWx said:

Ehh doubt it. Heat will be in full force starting around the 20th  other signals point towards a hot summer.

It may be delayed, but significant and prolonged heat is rarely denied in the MA.

It will probably be brutal in August and September, just as we are all looking forward to Fall.

5 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Latest model trends continue with the upper low dropping further south into the Carolinas. This is looking a lot like the set up of a few weeks ago when the rain stayed mostly to the southwest of the region until the UL finally lifted out. At this point it appears we may stay mostly dry through Tuesday, with the best chance of rain coming at the end of next week.

Wonder if the GFS  had a fall out with verification scores.  

Pretty dry overall next 10 days . 

On 6/12/2020 at 2:38 PM, losetoa6 said:

Euro too. Takes the ull all the way to Georgia lol

Maybe a few showers on the eastern shore Friday 

Edit... by Friday afternoon and Saturday it gets showers into the area .

It never ceases to amaze me how unreliable the GFS is beyond D4.

EDIT: spelling

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WEATHER53 said:

85 at 8pm

77 st 9pm 

73 now at 10pm

these 10-18 F drops in 2-3 hours are not typical of June

still no lightning bugs 

Actually, in the past week I've noticed a rapid uptick in firefly activity... in my neighborhood at least.

14 hours ago, BristowWx said:

I think the old GFS before the para became this GFS was better.  Maybe I am imagining that 

The FV3 upgrade was just about a year ago I think- so it has been the operational GFS for a year now. Seems it could benefit from a few tweaks.

The latest ENSO update via NCEP/CPC diagnostic discussion appears they are beginning to lean more towards a Nina for the upcoming fall/winter. Not surprising given the current trends, but previous outlooks were favoring continuation of ENSO neutral.

There is a ~60% chance of ENSO-neutral during Northern Hemisphere summer 2020, with roughly equal chances (~40-50%) of La Niña or ENSO-neutral during the autumn and winter 2020-21.

13 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

71 full sun ...real nice. Just got back from 8 mile hike . Ready for a nice cool night to drink some beer. 

71 here too. Super nice.

Sun just dipped enough below the trees that I could turn the sprinkler on lol.  Really have to try to stay ahead this time of year with the high sun. Already seeing some crispy brown spots starting on the sunny side of the yard.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic