Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June Discobs 2020

George BM

1 minute ago, losetoa6 said:

We lost that one member lol ...but overall Eps is trending wetter for early next week. 

And just like that, our weather forecast has easterly flow diarrhea returning with a vengeance after a vacation next week. Couldn't get more garbage than this for heat lovers like me.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Early next week looks a tad interesting with upper level energy dropping in and getting pinched off as ridging builds to the north. All 3 major globals have the same idea, and ofc the GFS drives it well south under crushing HP.

@losetoa6

Latest EPS still have some members with biblical rains?

GFS didn't have the last cutoff modeled well and the Euro was more correct with dominating HP to the north.  Now watch the GFS be right after learning its lesson.

5 minutes ago, SpringfieldSkins said:

Same with me. Looking pretty gross. Hoping for a shift in the meantime so we get some sun. I’m good with sunny and afternoon storms but it looks like a 3-4 day wash right now.

Agree. Sun and storms are fine. But dreary cloudy rainy days just suck

2 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Euro is a bit drier for the next 2 days vs the GFS and GGEM, but soaks us all late weekend until early next week.  Areawide 1.5-3" total counting this week. 

Bring it. GGEM looks pretty wet for early next week as well. GFS, not so much.

1 hour ago, BristowWx said:

November can’t come fast enough.  I feel like this winter will suck less than last winter.  

Next winter has to look up as it can't get much worse than last winter.  Even using the term "winter" to describe last year's season is a stretch by any measure.  Hard to subtract anything from near zero - the result is still near zero.  Any winter where trace events are counted and/or fractions of an inch have any relevance is like trying to paint a turd - it still smells awful.  

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, SpringfieldSkins said:

Same with me. Looking pretty gross. Hoping for a shift in the meantime so we get some sun. I’m good with sunny and afternoon storms but it looks like a 3-4 day wash right now.

Saturday is now looking completely dry and Sunday should feature periods of dry weather as well. Friday night looks wet

3 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

First year in history with negative snow.

Let's hope the negative tally is not something that can be carried over into next "season" (I'm loath to use the "W" word).  

Geeze...  here we are in the middle of June; still basking in the aftermath of last year; peering ahead to what may lie in store for us 5+ months from now.  We need some exciting weather of some form to shake things up...

Still some major differences with how guidance handles the upper low for next week. Euro digs it much further south and west, towards the lower Ohio Valley, and it hangs around longer. Latest GFS runs have it further NE and more progressive. Euro looks to dump a bunch of rain SW of our region, mostly in the mountains.

1 minute ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Still some major differences with how guidance handles the upper low for next week. Euro digs it much further south and west, towards the lower Ohio Valley, and it hangs around longer. Latest GFS runs have it further NE and more progressive. Euro looks to dump a bunch of rain SW of our region, mostly in the mountains.

Slight 7" difference in rain totals for CHO area.  

• Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic