• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June Banter 2020

George BM

My son had a really bad day but he took it like a champ. His cat died, he got an ear infection and found out he can’t go in the pool for 2 weeks and then his favorite character in Star Wars rebels died. He said to me “you shouldn’t have let me watch that tonight”. Lol. He asked how to say goodbye in cat language at the vet then when we were burying Lilly said “I will miss you I hope we see you when we dead someday”.  At bed time he simply said “today sucked can we never do that again” then asked me to stay with him until he is asleep because he is kinda sad. I was proud of how he handled everything. I don’t think I would have been as mature as he was. 

RIP Lilly

1621B618-0D68-4C6B-A5D6-7575A183074A.thumb.jpeg.dfda6123bd2b005db5b3b8969707c290.jpeg

8ECD3EB6-5ABD-4703-A3CC-C2810E1512FC.thumb.jpeg.ddf16b9c304bf88bdc1ff043081d69cc.jpeg

DE373260-EF52-4BE7-B969-F25746277607.thumb.jpeg.c46ee20ca040177d8acb657e4bed3142.jpeg

B130D4A9-882E-4EB6-B4C6-0A9C7C87D1A2.thumb.jpeg.09a084939ee01565c9a9276b76709ede.jpeg

5F2E3A20-3AAA-4C90-8D35-7A5381144216.thumb.jpeg.560d965f48e949d84522b3bb69955b2f.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Sad 14

11 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

My son had a really bad day but he took it like a champ. His cat died, he got an ear infection and found out he can’t go in the pool for 2 weeks and then his favorite character in Star Wars rebels died. He said to me “you shouldn’t have let me watch that tonight”. Lol. He asked how to say goodbye in cat language at the vet then when we were burying Lilly said “I will miss you I hope we see you when we dead someday”.  At bed time he simply said “today sucked can we never do that again” then asked me to stay with him until he is asleep because he is kinda sad. I was proud of how he handled everything. I don’t think I would have been as mature as he was. 

RIP Lilly

1621B618-0D68-4C6B-A5D6-7575A183074A.thumb.jpeg.dfda6123bd2b005db5b3b8969707c290.jpeg

8ECD3EB6-5ABD-4703-A3CC-C2810E1512FC.thumb.jpeg.ddf16b9c304bf88bdc1ff043081d69cc.jpeg

DE373260-EF52-4BE7-B969-F25746277607.thumb.jpeg.c46ee20ca040177d8acb657e4bed3142.jpeg

B130D4A9-882E-4EB6-B4C6-0A9C7C87D1A2.thumb.jpeg.09a084939ee01565c9a9276b76709ede.jpeg

5F2E3A20-3AAA-4C90-8D35-7A5381144216.thumb.jpeg.560d965f48e949d84522b3bb69955b2f.jpeg

Sounds like like he's mature beyond his years! (how old is he?)

Sorry to hear about your cat (I always hate that because I love animals). Was it old?

44 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Sounds like like he's mature beyond his years! (how old is he?)

Sorry to hear about your cat (I always hate that because I love animals). Was it old?

He is 5.  He has a practicality to him. When our Disney trip in April got canceled he was disappointed but said “but I don’t want to get sick so ok”.  Last year he saw a flood video on the news and said those people needs boats now and then we need to build them new houses but on top of something so that don’t happen again”. Recently he said he can’t really understand racism because he doesn’t understand why anyone would be mean to people because of how they look.  He also constantly asks me difficult questions that are way over his weight. Sometimes I’m not sure how to answer. 

We aren’t totally sure how old Lily was, she was rescued. But around 11/12. Old but not that old. But she had a liver condition her whole life and it finally gave out. 

This morning my 2 year old almost made me cry when she crawled into Lily’s bed by the window like she often did to cuddle her and was saying lily and whimpering. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

I don’t know why it won’t let me post pictures anymore but Got my Father’s Day present from Lily (my dog) and My gf...2 barrel aged stout beers, basil Hayden whiskey, a whiskey cigar, meat crafters fennel stick and various Jailbreak brewery stuff. Yeah we’re those kinda people:lol:

@C.A.P.E. will be happy to know the barrel aged stout beers are pretty high gravity at 13%. The dusk till dusk imperial stout is supposedly pretty world class from what I’ve read on beer advocate. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

He is 5.  He has a practicality to him. When our Disney trip in April got canceled he was disappointed but said “but I don’t want to get sick so ok”.  Last year he saw a flood video on the news and said those people needs boats now and then we need to build them new houses but on top of something so that don’t happen again”. Recently he said he can’t really understand racism because he doesn’t understand why anyone would be mean to people because of how they look.  He also constantly asks me difficult questions that are way over his weight. Sometimes I’m not sure how to answer. 

Wow that is amazing Sounds! Sounds like your boy is a thinker! And already he can "go deep" in thinking about...hm! I wonder where he could've possibly gotten that from? ;) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Anybody fish Prettyboy Reservoir that know if any halfway decent shore fishing spots?

I took my son there last week. There is a place near the northern end where Clipper Mill Rd crosses. A parking area with a trail to the water. There are also a couple places where Beckleysville Rd crosses the middle. We had more luck there.  Overall we like Codorus near Hanover PA best. Sucks I’m 10 minutes away but have to pay out of State license fee because I’m 1 mile across the border but it’s the best/easiest accessible spot for the kids. I haven’t yet found a spot in MD close by the Kids like as much.  There is a little community pond down the road on 30 we go sometimes if we just have an hour in the evening. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

DFH American Beauty Hazy Ripple IPA

Perfect IPA for a summer day. Unfiltered and very aromatic, with hints of peach and a bit of orange. I really like this one. 

Was thinking about cracking open the 13% dusk til dusk stout but idk i think it’s too damn humid to try to get thru it after cooking on the grill lol, think I’ll opt for a fruited sour. 

• Like 1

Anyone want some of my 108F heat we'll see today?

Btw, all is good over here in the Lone Star state. Despite our state getting ransacked by COVID at the moment and our county doubling up cases in a month, wife and I are playing it smart and safe. We are both healthy. I'm ~30 lbs down in weight. Almost not diabetic (Again) and just purchased a brand new car! I'll post some pictures in another post. Hope everyone here is doing well. Wife and I will be in the homeland late July. I don't foresee us meeting anyone here while this is all going on, just out of safety. But in the future, a meet up is a must! 

Stay safe y'all and get out and enjoy nature as much as you can. The summer season is upon us :icecream:

• Like 8

On 6/10/2020 at 4:51 PM, MN Transplant said:

Do you have a fan-aspirated shield or not?  If yes, check to make sure that your fan didn't die.  If not, just try to keep it as clean as possible and free of any obstructions.  The temperatures are meant to be taken in a sunny area, but if the radiation shield isn't doing its job you could move it.

Finally got some afternoon sun yesterday, and the cleaning seems to have done the trick (it was a mess inside the shield with all sorts of cobwebs).  No more anomalous ~5 degree spikes.  Thanks for the tip!

• Like 2

On 6/20/2020 at 12:05 PM, psuhoffman said:

We aren’t totally sure how old Lily was, she was rescued. But around 11/12. Old but not that old. But she had a liver condition her whole life and it finally gave out. 

This morning my 2 year old almost made me cry when she crawled into Lily’s bed by the window like she often did to cuddle her and was saying lily and whimpering. 

He sounds like the oldest Miss J. She has an old soul ever since she was born. Sorry to hear about your kitty, she will forever hold a place in your hearts. :wub:

• Like 2

Ok so for some reason did not realize it was supposed to feel tropical yesterday. But we got through it. Had a horse show with masks and staying socially distanced at the trailers. We’re allowed to go up ringside when the younger Miss J had her rounds. They had a mister fan set up so she stood her pony in front of it and got cooled off. She had a very good day despite the humidity. Finally showed us consistency between her jump rounds minus stopping her pony from doing her favorite line in the horse stride of 4 instead of 5. It is heading towards the in gate and has an oxer. Her favorite jump. The horse stride is ok as she will be trying to qualify for pony finals in KY next year and the ponies that do best have a horse stride to make the lines easy. :D

BCE813CB-0478-4313-A866-BBA215B9274B.jpeg

• Like 7

20 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

I took my son there last week. There is a place near the northern end where Clipper Mill Rd crosses. A parking area with a trail to the water. There are also a couple places where Beckleysville Rd crosses the middle. We had more luck there.  Overall we like Codorus near Hanover PA best. Sucks I’m 10 minutes away but have to pay out of State license fee because I’m 1 mile across the border but it’s the best/easiest accessible spot for the kids. I haven’t yet found a spot in MD close by the Kids like as much.  There is a little community pond down the road on 30 we go sometimes if we just have an hour in the evening. 

Thanks. We tried the launch spot at Prettyboy this weekend and it was absolutely dead. I've head good things about the Beckleysville Rd bridge so we're going to check it out Saturday.

7 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Thanks. We tried the launch spot at Prettyboy this weekend and it was absolutely dead. I've head good things about the Beckleysville Rd bridge so we're going to check it out Saturday.

that's so close to me! 

i love driving over the dam -- that area around here is really pretty to sit and chill

On 6/20/2020 at 12:05 PM, psuhoffman said:

I'm sorry to hear all this, PSU!  I hope your son and daughter will be OK after all that.  Funny (that's funny strange, not funny ha-ha, as a teacher I had once used to say)...your mention of your 2 year old crawling into Lily's bed by the window reminded me of how my daughter used to ask if she could make a "floor-bed" in our room if she felt scared or when there were thunderstorms, or after a movie that made her sad, or after a bad dream...years ago when she was younger.

Your son is asking some questions almost beyond his years...and I cannot blame you for not knowing exactly how to answer.  How does one explain that to a 5 year old, really?  I don't know if I could do it very well, honestly.  It's not easy to explain to someone that young that sometimes, people just simply suck...or explain a long and not very pleasant history of events in this country.  But he's got the right idea, simple as it may sound from someone his age...why would anyone be mean to those based on how they look?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

Ok so for some reason did not realize it was supposed to feel tropical yesterday. But we got through it. Had a horse show with masks and staying socially distanced at the trailers. We’re allowed to go up ringside when the younger Miss J had her rounds. They had a mister fan set up so she stood her pony in front of it and got cooled off. She had a very good day despite the humidity. Finally showed us consistency between her jump rounds minus stopping her pony from doing her favorite line in the horse stride of 4 instead of 5. It is heading towards the in gate and has an oxer. Her favorite jump. The horse stride is ok as she will be trying to qualify for pony finals in KY next year and the ponies that do best have a horse stride to make the lines easy. :D

BCE813CB-0478-4313-A866-BBA215B9274B.jpeg

That's Cool, Mrs. J!  My daughter has been taking riding lessons (and before that, summer camp sessions) at Meadowbrook Stables near Bethesda/Silver Spring.  Really likes it!  This summer they're allowing makeup classes for this past year (they were closed from March until now), so she's begun that again.  And she's doing work there as an assistant to some of the half-day camp sessions too (that started up last week).  She's a long way from jumping...right now her lessons have been walk/trot/canter.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

That's Cool, Mrs. J!  My daughter has been taking riding lessons (and before that, summer camp sessions) at Meadowbrook Stables near Bethesda/Silver Spring.  Really likes it!  This summer they're allowing makeup classes for this past year (they were closed from March until now), so she's begun that again.  And she's doing work there as an assistant to some of the half-day camp sessions too (that started up last week).  She's a long way from jumping...right now her lessons have been walk/trot/canter.

I am sure she will keep moving along. I know about Meadowbrook as the lady who announces at this farm, Sandstone in Millwood VA also did some announcing at Meadowbrook. I love horses and when my daughter started showing interest it just seemed the natural way to go. 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic