Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June Banter 2020

George BM

19 hours ago, mappy said:

she just started getting into fish sticks and nuggets. butter noodles with parm cheese is her new go-to. ive had noodles for dinner myself a bit now too lol

Not going to lie, I still occasionally eat fish sticks! Thinking of getting an air fryer for fish and chips. I have done baked versions but honestly fish and chips just needs to be fried. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mrs.J said:

Not going to lie, I still occasionally eat fish sticks! Thinking of getting an air fryer for fish and chips. I have done baked versions but honestly fish and chips just needs to be fried. 

i eat them a lot more now than i use to. just easy to throw a box full in the oven and call it lunch for all. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mappy said:

That's impressive! i def need to figure out a better way to plan meals. we have two busy nights a week with the kiddo and gymnastics, that usually ends up being "whatever" nights (leftovers, cereal lol). We do try to plan during the day, take out meat to defrost or whatever. But the kiddo is still a big picky eater and her meals are so narrow that i usually end up making two dinners. one of us and one for her. thankfully shes easy (pizza, butter noodles, grilled cheese to name a few)...

I laughed when I saw this.  I have a very picky eater too.  She's still like that and she's EIGHTEEN.

I like Mrs.J's recipe list up there -- might try to add some in to our revolving list.  Unfortunately my wife does not like to cook at all, so almost all of it falls on me.

• Like 1

I have a 'rotation', usually lasts me 5 days or so each time I fix one. Chili, meatloaf, pot roast (then veggie soup with the leftovers), grill hamburgers (charcoal only), baked spaghetti. I finish up the baked spaghetti today. Now I'll wait and see who notices anything about that rotation....

33 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

I have a 'rotation', usually lasts me 5 days or so each time I fix one. Chili, meatloaf, pot roast (then veggie soup with the leftovers), grill hamburgers (charcoal only), baked spaghetti. I finish up the baked spaghetti today. Now I'll wait and see who notices anything about that rotation....

Is it very beef forward?

4 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

My stomach has been acting up the last three days which is very unusual for me. I looked up stomach soothing drinks and the closest thing we’ve got in the house is green chartreuse. Syrupy and generally nasty, but doing the trick on my stomach. And my head.

Never heard of that before... hope you are feeling better

5 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

My stomach has been acting up the last three days which is very unusual for me. I looked up stomach soothing drinks and the closest thing we’ve got in the house is green chartreuse. Syrupy and generally nasty, but doing the trick on my stomach. And my head.

Jager or B&B. Both are thick,but pretty damn good tasting digestifs imo. And keeps the buzz going!

22 minutes ago, yoda said:

Never heard of that before... hope you are feeling better

Thanks, man. It’s weird. I had some aches and chills the first day, but no fever and no cough, so in spite of trying to convince myself I have covid, I know that I don’t. I still have an appetite other than worrying that after I eat is no fun, so it can’t be serious. I’m sure it’s from the fresh seafood I ate (crabs, scallops, and fresh tuna from a neighbor), but I’m still keeping away from others.

And the chartreuse is working on the bloating, so I’m good this evening.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, BlizzardNole said:

I laughed when I saw this.  I have a very picky eater too.  She's still like that and she's EIGHTEEN.

I like Mrs.J's recipe list up there -- might try to add some in to our revolving list.  Unfortunately my wife does not like to cook at all, so almost all of it falls on me.

If you need any of the recipes just let me know. 

3 hours ago, wxdude64 said:

Bingo!

Do you ever switch a dish every so often, or maybe add a twist to a meal in the rotation?

Beef is a good choice because you can use it in a bunch of different ways, as shown by the burgers and meatloaf. Didn’t finish the burgers? Break them up, toss them into the spaghet. 
It’s all fun and games until you dig some green freezer burnt mystery meat out of the freezer.

3 hours ago, Rhino16 said:

Do you ever switch a dish every so often, or maybe add a twist to a meal in the rotation?

Beef is a good choice because you can use it in a bunch of different ways, as shown by the burgers and meatloaf. Didn’t finish the burgers? Break them up, toss them into the spaghet. 
It’s all fun and games until you dig some green freezer burnt mystery meat out of the freezer.

lol, true. I buy 1/4 beef off a local guy, he only raises 7 or 8 head a year. He only grass feeds with occasional grain when necessary. No hormones or junk like that, a Mennonite family cuts up/butchers each year. Used to do 1/2 back when wife was alive and the son was still home. I only eat chicken/pork when out due to that.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Thanks, man. It’s weird. I had some aches and chills the first day, but no fever and no cough, so in spite of trying to convince myself I have covid, I know that I don’t. I still have an appetite other than worrying that after I eat is no fun, so it can’t be serious. I’m sure it’s from the fresh seafood I ate (crabs, scallops, and fresh tuna from a neighbor), but I’m still keeping away from others.

for what its worth, my husband went through a similar 3 day bout of a very nasty stomach last week. we were doing the same, "its not covid, its not covid..." he was religiously checking his temp and no fever, but he had aches and chills too. he's fine now. 

feel better. and try not to get into your head too much, easier said than done, i know.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, wxdude64 said:

lol, true. I buy 1/4 beef off a local guy, he only raises 7 or 8 head a year. He only grass feeds with occasional grain when necessary. No hormones or junk like that, a Mennonite family cuts up/butchers each year. Used to do 1/2 back when wife was alive and the son was still home. I only eat chicken/pork when out due to that.

Yep we buy from a local grass fed farm here in Frederick. They sell by the cut and keep it as freezer beef. So you can go in weekly and load up if you want. Like this week I need 2 lbs. ground beef and a flank steak. They run specials also and you can get bulk with a price discount. We do not eat a lot of red meat so this option works great. And I love seeing the cows out grazing as I drive in. Taught my girls where their food came from. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mappy said:

for what its worth, my husband went through a similar 3 day bout of a very nasty stomach last week. we were doing the same, "its not covid, its not covid..." he was religiously checking his temp and no fever, but he had aches and chills too. he's fine now. 

feel better. and try not to get into your head too much, easier said than done, i know.

Good to hear. Thanks!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Nervous stress most likely. Take care brother.

18 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Medical marijuana works wonders on my chronic stomach issues. A couple puffs and 30 minutes later I'm ready to eat.

24 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

Medical marijuana works wonders on my chronic stomach issues. A couple puffs and 30 minutes later I'm ready to eat.

It’s interesting that you bring this up, though not for me. I’m feeling way better today and normally don’t have gastro issues. However, my mom is getting up there in age (she’s 79) and says she lives in chronic pain. She’s complained about it for years, gets shots, takes pain meds, etc.  I’ve suggested medical marijuana, and I think she’s finally willing to try it, but have no idea what’s involved in getting it for her.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Sounds like you are doing all,the right things. Hope you are feeling better

• Thanks 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic