Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June Banter 2020

George BM

2 hours ago, rclab said:

Mrs C, your hydrangeas +  are a living example of why artificial stimulation is unnecessary. If you have a yard or can find a green space all you need is to open your eyes and enjoy what has always been free. If I ever figure out how to add a photo to a post I’ll share an un-intentioned floral creation of mine with you. As always ....

Would love to see it!

6 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Never any doubt that you could do it all :) 

Thanks. I actually grew up with a lot of doubt I could do anything. I am Dyslexic. My mom was told by the school system I grew up in I was not bad enough to be tested. She finally took me to my Eye Dr. who at the time diagnosed me with a Left/Right reversal and lack of comprehension. Which I have now found out is on the Dyslexic spectrum. I struggled all through school except with art and music. And any class that was hands on. I was the only girl in my Industrial Arts class aka Shop that could take apart a Brigs and Stratton single stroke lawnmower engine, clean it, put it back together and make it run like it was new. I got through college because I changed my major to Fine Arts. It has taken me quite sometime to be comfortable in my own skin. All the things I excel at are hands on. But I have finally gotten to that point. And being able to share all that I can do with everyone here and with my family is great!

• Like 5

11 hours ago, jonjon said:

Open 5-9pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and Saturdays from 4-9pm.   Adding Sundays soon from 1-7pm.  Half capacity for all these days.  Still cans/growlers to go as well.

Very good! Thanks. We may be up that way for a quiet 4th of July weekend.

Unrelated, but my girl and I decided to bait up the trot line and give it a go for some crabs even though it is early and it’s been pretty chilly. We didn’t get on the water until 4:30 but managed a dozen and a half of some big, muddy, and packed crabs. I left the bait on the trot line just in case I want to sneak out again tomorrow after work!

image.jpeg.f38d76461275fda5c7614f8046aaa0c3.jpeg

image.jpeg.3c3f47a1cbc1fd4c62ddf0e561e5055e.jpeg

• Like 5

22 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

Would love to see it!

Mrs J. The small image you see below is the unintentional attempt I alluded to. Mrs L and I had a long and sometimes contentious relationship and being a bit of a sometimes foolish sentimental romantic, I would buy her a fresh rose every so often. Depending on the state of our relationship at the moment the rose would either be lovingly placed in a bud vase or the nearest circular receptacle if I wasn’t within throwing distance. When I lost her I made the side room on our floor a memory room. I placed a live rose by her portrait. It would last a week or more and then I’d replace it. I felt bad disposing of them so began holding on to them. What you see in the photo, is the result. The pandemic stopped me from the purchase so I placed a permanent crystal rose by her portrait. A portrait of her done a few months before her 17th birthday. Mrs L’s last gift to me was the illustrated book “ The Giving Tree”. I purchased it, at her request. She was too ill to leave the house. It was five weeks before her passing. I keep it on my night table. I even wrote a review for Amazon. It was the only way I thought I could thank the author. “ Now as an old man I sit where she rests. I dream and remember”.  That was the last sentence of my review. Thank you, Mrs. J for the beauty you bring to the forum, as always .....

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, rclab said:

Mrs J. The small image you see below is the unintentional attempt I alluded to. Mrs L and I had a long and sometimes contentious relationship and being a bit of a sometimes foolish sentimental romantic, I would buy her a fresh rose every so often. Depending on the state of our relationship at the moment the rose would either be lovingly placed in a bud vase or the nearest circular receptacle if I wasn’t within throwing distance. When I lost her I made the side room on our floor a memory room. I placed a live rose by her portrait. It would last a week or more and then I’d replace it. I felt bad disposing of them so began holding on to them. What you see in the photo, is the result. The pandemic stopped me from the purchase so I placed a permanent crystal rose by her portrait. A portrait of her done a few months before her 17th birthday. Mrs L’s last gift to me was the illustrated book “ The Giving Tree”. I purchased it, at her request. She was too ill to leave the house. It was five weeks before her passing. I keep it on my night table. I even wrote a review for Amazon. It was the only way I thought I could thank the author. “ Now as an old man I sit where she rests. I dream and remember”.  That was the last sentence of my review. Thank you, Mrs. J for the beauty you bring to the forum, as always .....

image.jpg

image.jpg

What a wonderful memory you have in that bouquet. And the crystal rose is beautiful. So glad I am able to bring a bit of beauty into your life. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, yoda said:

We need to have a zoom meeting/cooking class with @Mrs.J... everything she cooks and makes both looks and sounds fantastic 

Of course we can add others as well who cook well... which is not me lol

I would be up for that. I have a lot of recopies that would work. Actually working on my 2 week meal plan today as grocery day is Friday. 

2 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

I would be up for that. I have a lot of recopies that would work. Actually working on my 2 week meal plan today as grocery day is Friday. 

2 weeks? im lucky to know what to make for dinner each day let alone 2 weeks worth. Teach me the ways!

2 hours ago, mappy said:

2 weeks? im lucky to know what to make for dinner each day let alone 2 weeks worth. Teach me the ways!

About 15 years ago Mr. J asked me if I could work out meals off of paydays. He gets paid every 2 weeks. So I started to put together easy and fresh dinners that were enjoyed by all and would allow one grocery run, minus the fresh things like milk, eggs, fruit, veg ect...  Although with the milk and eggs we now get them delivered by a dairy service and in the summer are part of a local CSA for fruit and veg that we get weekly. 

Some people go off of what is on sale meat wise, my mom did that growing up as there were 6 of us to feed and 3 were men/boys. But I am able to take the proteins we mostly like and utilize the freezer and buy 2 weeks out. We eat mostly chicken, pork and fish/seafood although we occasionally do beef and have a local beef farm that does single portion freezer beef and is open Thur-Sat. I go through my recipes and ask family what sounds good or something they have been wanting. I pick 14 dinners out and then figure out what day we will have them on. It allows me to cater to busy days vs days that I can do a more involved recipe. Weekends are my experimental days as I like to pick at least 2 new recipes a month. I go through all the recipes and write down what I need for each one, and check the pantry to see if I already have items. Then I print out a sheet with dates and what meal is on that date. I will put in my current sheet for this Friday's grocery run. It allows me to know what I have planned and my girls don't have to ask what is for dinner.

As for breakfast and lunch it is pretty easy to push out two weeks. Eggs, cereal and toast are a hit along with yogurt and granola that we just make at home to save money. The youngest Miss J can pack in granola so it is cheaper to just make. For lunches I have to get creative. The girls are not fans of lunch meat sandwiches. So tortellini pasta, cut smoked sausage, cut cheese and crackers and soup. Plus any leftovers. 

Meal Plans June 19th thru July 2nd

19th Youngest Miss J's B-day camp out Cheeseburgers, Baked Mac n Cheese, TX sheet cake, S’mores, Breakfast biscuits fixins

20th Take out @ Analia’s Cafe

21st Easy Spicy Baked Chicken Tacos (Sandstone Show)

22nd Cajun Shrimp & Corn Salad (RTSB pg. 110)

23rd Lemon Parsley Baked Cod & Salad

24th Smothered Burritos (Beef)

25th BLT’s and Summer Pasta salad (RTSB pg. 156)

26th Chicken Taco Salad (Dinnertime pg. 54)

27th Grilled Lamb Skewers (RTSB pg. 105)

28th Asian Pork Tenderloin

29th Balsamic Basil Chicken w/ rice pilaf

30th Sizzling Sherry Shrimp w/ garlic (AR summer pg. 57)

1st Grilled Chicken w/ red & yellow peppers salad (RTSB pg. 83)

2nd Beef Bulgogi w/ veg and rice

• Like 4

That's impressive! i def need to figure out a better way to plan meals. we have two busy nights a week with the kiddo and gymnastics, that usually ends up being "whatever" nights (leftovers, cereal lol). We do try to plan during the day, take out meat to defrost or whatever. But the kiddo is still a big picky eater and her meals are so narrow that i usually end up making two dinners. one of us and one for her. thankfully shes easy (pizza, butter noodles, grilled cheese to name a few). i save bigger time consuming meals for weekends. but lately with the pool now opened, its all gone to the wayside as wed rather be outside. so we've done a lot of carryout the last couple weeks

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mappy said:

That's impressive! i def need to figure out a better way to plan meals. we have two busy nights a week with the kiddo and gymnastics, that usually ends up being "whatever" nights (leftovers, cereal lol). We do try to plan during the day, take out meat to defrost or whatever. But the kiddo is still a big picky eater and her meals are so narrow that i usually end up making two dinners. one of us and one for her. thankfully shes easy (pizza, butter noodles, grilled cheese to name a few). i save bigger time consuming meals for weekends. but lately with the pool now opened, its all gone to the wayside as wed rather be outside. so we've done a lot of carryout the last couple weeks

Yep you do what works best for your family. You can keep her stuff on hand and just cook for two. I hate turning on the oven in the summer so we do a lot of sandwiches and grilling. 

6 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

Yep you do what works best for your family. You can keep her stuff on hand and just cook for two. I hate turning on the oven in the summer so we do a lot of sandwiches and grilling. 

she just started getting into fish sticks and nuggets. butter noodles with parm cheese is her new go-to. ive had noodles for dinner myself a bit now too lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Man this is a quality 'build your own' 6 pack. Going to be tough to pick which one of these I wanna dig into. Gonna be a stout I think...

beer.thumb.jpg.a02aa00561e11f5ee269aa2864d0f040.jpg

I’ve had terrapin wake and bake and the founders in the past. That narwhale beer looks interesting, what exactly is it?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Its a big ass imperial stout from Sierra Nevada.  A bit over 10%. Very good.

I have to keep an eye out for it. I still need to go on a high gravity stout run lol. I traded 2 of my sour beers for 2 imperial peanut butter cup stouts from burley oak though yesterday thru MD beer trade on Fb. If you’re on FB I recommend joining 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Oh...I know lol. I was being facetious.  :whistle:

I'm a big 80s music fan if u haven't noticed. 

Mostly  new wave , progressive late 70s - 80s .

Yeah, I remember you jammin’ out to my 80’s mix at the Black Eye Susan party last year. By the way, depending on the virus, this year’s  event is October 2nd.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic