• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June Banter 2020

George BM

If this post is inappropriate for this thread please remove. This morning I found out that my best friend from college (he was the best man in my wedding, I in his), his wife and his mother all tested positive for COVID. His mother is now in hospice and went from healthy to on death's doorsteps in 3 days. This is a nefarious disease and the sooner we get a treatment protocol the better.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Eskimo Joe said:

If this post is inappropriate for this thread please remove. This morning I found out that my best friend from college (he was the best man in my wedding, I in his), his wife and his mother all tested positive for COVID. His mother is now in hospice and went from healthy to on death's doorsteps in 3 days. This is a nefarious disease and the sooner we get a treatment protocol the better.

So sorry to hear this. My brother who lives in OH and is an essential employee tested positive. He did not have any issues but we were worried as he has underlying conditions. It is a nasty virus that picks and chooses and that is what is scary about it. 

2 hours ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Best of luck, I'll say a prayer. I went and got tested myself because I attended one of the protests. Socially distanced as best I could and wore my N95 but Hogan has said all who went should get tested, and you can get tested on demand at just about any CVS now.

In other news, I am truly now a Marylander. I have acclimated to this place so much that I am enjoying very hot weather. I used to hate this time of year because it was always this way in Louisiana but god. I've been sitting outside and basking in the sun.

• Like 1

Just now, ErinInTheSky said:

Best of luck, I'll say a prayer. I went and got tested myself because I attended one of the protests. Socially distanced as best I could and wore my N95 but Hogan has said all who went should get tested, and you can get tested on demand at just about any CVS now.

In other news, I am truly now a Marylander. I have acclimated to this place so much that I am enjoying very hot weather. I used to hate this time of year because it was always this way in Louisiana but god. I've been sitting outside and basking in the sun.

Welcome to the Old Line State. Last week there was a significant peaceful protest in front of the Bethesda library in the parking lot.  People actually made a point to stand 6 feet apart and weak a mask and openly complained the police weren't following Gov. Hogan's orders. It was bizarre.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Oh my...I am so sorry to hear about this, EJ!!  I hope for the best for your friends and their relatives, whatever it's worth for me to say that.  Take care, OK!!

3 hours ago, ErinInTheSky said:

I'd think having lived in Louisiana, the heat here would be nothing to you (can hear you saying, "meh...95 degrees and 2000% humidity?  Y'all should see what it's like on the bayou, wimps!!":lol:)!  You should laugh at us "northerners" wilting in heat and humidity!! :D  I'll be honest, I never could deal with oppressive heat/humidity as well as I could with cold.  But I grew up in northeast Ohio...if it got to 90+ degrees, fetch the smelling salts!!  I lived in Florida for about 3 years (northern part, while in grad school, at FSU)...and *hated* the summers there!  Oh, and the 5 foot long cockroaches.

1 hour ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

I'd think having lived in Louisiana, the heat here would be nothing to you (can hear you saying, "meh...95 degrees and 2000% humidity?  Y'all should see what it's like on the bayou, wimps!!":lol:)!  You should laugh at us "northerners" wilting in heat and humidity!! :D  I'll be honest, I never could deal with oppressive heat/humidity as well as I could with cold.  But I grew up in northeast Ohio...if it got to 90+ degrees, fetch the smelling salts!!  I lived in Florida for about 3 years (northern part, while in grad school, at FSU)...and *hated* the summers there!  Oh, and the 5 foot long cockroaches.

Maybe that's the better way of putting it. I might be basking in it because I miss it ha.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Very sorry to hear this. Very scary that someone can go from healthy to hospice in 3 days.

If I may ask what age is your best friends mother? 

2 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Headed to the Catoctins with my 2 girls for some hiking.  Perfect day for anything and everything outside :thumbsup:

Definitely firepittin it tonight :drunk:

Yep! Enjoy! I just got back in, need to do  a couple things here in house before stupid 3-11 shift starts... A few clouds starting to build in, but other wise sun and 70's, perfect! All you out and about, have a GREAT day!! :sun:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ErinInTheSky said:

Maybe that's the better way of putting it. I might be basking in it because I miss it ha.

Ha!  Maybe so!  Of course, I was just joshing you a bit on the hot/humid weather stuff! 

Well, the 5 foot cockroach remark wasn't really a joke, I swear you could ride the ones in Florida!!  Or at least lasso them. :D

Anyone here have a metal roof? We are getting a new one at Deep Creek and going with metal (currently shingles). 

trying to decide between exposed fasteners vs the seamless. Seamless has no risk of the screws degrading over time/causing leaks but it’s about $7k over the exposed fastener metal roof.  The roofer said the seamless has a life of like 100 years (lol). 

11 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

I've heard the exposed fastener metal roof lasts a pretty long time.  7K is a chunk of change to me . Either is better then shingles but unless you're Yoda living hundreds of years I'd use that 7k to go on a couple nice vacations.  Just my .02.

I'll up that to .04 for ya.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

I've heard the exposed fastener metal roof lasts a pretty long time.  7K is a chunk of change to me . Either is better then shingles but unless you're Yoda living hundreds of years I'd use that 7k to go on a couple nice vacations.  Just my .02.

Yeah, we decided to go with the metal fastener....just couldn’t justify that price difference and honestly we wouldn’t recoup that whenever we decide to sell it.  

16 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Drinking a Magic Hat #9 ...first time . Not sure what to make of it . It's a different beer for sure .

Never tried that one. Doesn't sound like my thing. Gets pretty average reviews on Beer Advocate.

That DFH 120 min IPA sitting in my fridge is going to get consumed here shortly. No doubt about it. :drunk:

• Like 2

18 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Drinking a Magic Hat #9 ...first time . Not sure what to make of it . It's a different beer for sure .

It’s light and a little fruity. Easy drinking. I like it fine in summer, but don’t go out of my way for it.

• Like 2

On 6/14/2020 at 1:44 PM, Mrs.J said:

So I am not just a baker/cook. I tend to be a jack of all trades. Over the years I have spent time and money getting my back garden organized so that it could be a vase garden. This year it has exploded with all my work. Here is my first vase bouquet from my yard. 

596D0982-2E4F-4CD9-8952-FE563CBBEE93.jpeg

Mrs J.your hydrangeas +  are a living example of why artificial stimulation is unnecessary. If you have a yard or can find a green space all you need is to open your eyes and enjoy what has always been free. If I ever figure out how to add a photo to a post I’ll share an un-intentioned floral creation of mine with you. As always ....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jonjon said:

Open 5-9pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and Saturdays from 4-9pm.   Adding Sundays soon from 1-7pm.  Half capacity for all these days.  Still cans/growlers to go as well.

My husband was in on Saturday afternoon -  he went gluten free in January but cheated with a Lefty Lucy!

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic