Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June Banter 2020

George BM

2 hours ago, PhineasC said:

LOL

2 hours ago, PhineasC said:

Yeah, typing LOL to someone on the Internet is definitely a bridge too far!

In this instance yes it is. It boarders on bullying. Don’t get you way you hide behind words. But then again you have probably done that your whole life. I have tried to give you the benefit of the doubt, but when you continue to act like a petulant child that is where my line is drawn. 

And I am making Pallea today as Mr. J has asked for it. Photo later. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mrs.J said:

Strawberry Rhubarb pie. 

2E909494-5E12-4CCE-A613-C81CD1DD7AC9.jpeg

CF6FF3F8-2EE8-4286-BF08-50C6D4D71F15.jpeg

That looks mouthwatering Mrs. J.  Reminds me of the pies my mom used to make back home in Ohio, all from fresh ingredients.  We'd go pick strawberries at the lock u-pick farm near Troy, OH (normally about 80 quarts a year).  We were fortunate they didn't weigh each of us before and after we picked (it was 4 in the basket and 1 in your mouth etc.).  We grew the rhubarb in the back yard next to the gooseberry bush.  Gotta ask, do you make gooseberry pie too?  

We'd pick wild blackberries along the railroad tracks at the edge of town, get blueberries from Michigan, peaches from Georgia, make applesauce from the apples on our apple tree, and cherry jam from our cherry tree (got over 30 gallons off that tree one year) and grape jam from our grape vine.  All of the home grown stuff from a 1/3 acre lot.  Back then in the 60's, you bought or picked whatever you could when it was in season - there was no such thing as year around oranges and strawberries like we have now.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RDM said:

That looks mouthwatering Mrs. J.  Reminds me of the pies my mom used to make back home in Ohio, all from fresh ingredients.  We'd go pick strawberries at the lock u-pick farm near Troy, OH (normally about 80 quarts a year).  We were fortunate they didn't weigh each of us before and after we picked (it was 4 in the basket and 1 in your mouth etc.).  We grew the rhubarb in the back yard next to the gooseberry bush.  Gotta ask, do you make gooseberry pie too?  

We'd pick wild blackberries along the railroad tracks at the edge of town, get blueberries from Michigan, peaches from Georgia, make applesauce from the apples on our apple tree, and cherry jam from our cherry tree (got over 30 gallons off that tree one year) and grape jam from our grape vine.  All of the home grown stuff from a 1/3 acre lot.  Back then in the 60's, you bought or picked whatever you could when it was in season - there was no such thing as year around oranges and strawberries like we have now.  

Mrs J in consideration of my present hierarchy of values that strawberry  pie photo constitutes a pin up. I’ll stop right there with the metaphor. RDM I remember seasonal fruit in the last early fifties, when I was a boy. We loved watermelon. My mom bought several late in the season and stored them in a back, under porch, outside pantry. We had an unusual early season hard freeze and the darn things exploded. We also picked wild blueberries in the woods around Lakewood New Jersey. A different time, a different way. As always .....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RDM said:

I have never made a gooseberry pie. We get them with our CSA so will have to try that this year. Mr J usually uses them to infuse vodka. 

I’m kind of confused, is the tongue of below average temp water in the pacific just below the Niño region? Or are the measurements taken in some way that make them warmer than the area appears to be? Because the area looks cold, but the numbers don’t look that low...

Filet mignon is on the grill and full tilt capsize painkiller sour in the glass-brewed with pineapple, coconut, cinnamon, nutmeg and lactose conditioned on rum soaked oak chips! It’s a collab with a brewery in Annapolis, meant to taste like the beer version of Pussers painkiller cocktail. 

-I have since moved on to Lancaster double chocolate stout though. Both beers around 7%

805207B5-7227-4E95-83F6-4CB22015AB1F.jpeg

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I need to pick up a few of those, along with their WWS.

Been jonesing for some super high gravity stuff. Nothing quite like it.

Same. The closest I’m coming tonight and to round out the night,  is Full Tilt S’more What at 10%

10 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Same. The closest I’m coming tonight and to round out the night,  is Full Tilt S’more What at 10%

Yeah I have been drinking the Double Digit Hazy IPAs, which are 10%. Really good juicy/hazy IPA, but sometimes you just have to have the holy grail of IPAs.

15 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Yeah I have been drinking the Double Digit Hazy IPAs, which are 10%. Really good juicy/hazy IPA, but sometimes you just have to have the holy grail of IPAs.

Yeah, I have a fridge full of about 40 beers but they’re mostly sours and only about 4-6% abv. May have to make a “gourmet liquor store” trip soon lol

2 hours ago, mappy said:

Puppies! 

A27893BD-F878-4566-A290-F149A158B24F.jpeg

D4CF1773-B2B5-4F1E-A153-B70240C1D5F8.jpeg

Nicely done Ms Mappy. Perry Como sang it best. “Bless the beasts and the children  Give them shelter from the storm. Keep them safe. Keep them warm. Light their way when darkness surrounds them  Give them love” My lost love and I would go to the local churches to witness the blessing of the animals in the fall. I recall one year, at St. Pats in Bay Ridge Brooklyn the Cleric came around to each person to give an individual blessing. When he reached my wife she smiled and pointed to me. I got spritzed and it was well worth it. As always ...

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic