• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June 2020 General Discussion

Hoosier

I picked up almost a half inch of rain this morning from the bubbly remnants of the central/western Iowa convection.  There were a couple rumbles, but that's it.  The vast majority of our rain this year has been thunder-less.

Models are still pretty bullish in general through tomorrow, but it should also be a bit hit-n-miss.

23 minutes ago, Kitchener poster said:

There is a T-storm to the SE of London that is almost stationary. A few unincorporated towns are probably getting quite the rainfall totals. 

I just checked as I saw some darker clouds building nearby, ending the blue sky streak. Some of these almost stationary cells are moving nearly due west somehow, crazy.

I'm under a severe thunderstorm watch for no reason and in the text they warn of possible landspout funnel clouds, never seen that before. Also for isolated large hail to quarters, I'm going to guess I'm not going to get it this afternoon but near London/K-W/Newmarket maybe?

5 hours ago, Chicago WX said:

Wouldn’t be summer without Hoosier calling for drought and endless heat. He’s the summer version of winter JB. :D 

This dry stretch has been fantastic though. Keep it coming. 

Nobody will EVER beat me when it comes to posting about drought stuff.  I am all over that **** B) ;)

Siberia is also having a prolonged heat wave. Verkhoyansk, north of the arctic circle, may be well into the 90s over the next few days. I think their June monthly record high is 93. 

Verkhoyansk has the largest temperature range on Earth, 189 degrees. All time high 99, all time low -90.

On 6/13/2020 at 3:06 PM, patrick05 said:

Have you guys seen that message about the NWS Proposed Changes to the alerts that they use? Basically, getting rid of the "Advisory" messages, among others.

I only saw it on the NWS-LOT Page along with the link to the NWS Survey. I've filled it out but I wonder how many are for or against it.

Here's the link to the NWS Page (the link to the actual survey is on there).

https://www.weather.gov/lot/AdvisoryChange

I think they should keep advisories.  They are simple and they work.  You can see the colored advisory area on the map.  I filled out the survey.

• Like 1

Apparently we got in trouble and NCEP took our toy away.

Attention User:

Update (6/20/2020): NCEP has stopped transmitting HRRRv4 data until further notice.

For further information, check the following twitter accounts for periodic updates on product generation status and website improvements; @CoDWXData and @CODMeteorology. Your feedback is always appreciated, so feel free to respond to tweets or send us an email using our Feedback page.

Apparently we got in trouble and NCEP took our toy away.
Attention User:

Update (6/20/2020): NCEP has stopped transmitting HRRRv4 data until further notice.

For further information, check the following twitter accounts for periodic updates on product generation status and website improvements; @CoDWXData and @CODMeteorology. Your feedback is always appreciated, so feel free to respond to tweets or send us an email using our Feedback page.
It's still running on the ESRL page. Obviously not nearly as good an interface as COD. https://rapidrefresh.noaa.gov/hrrr/HRRR/Welcome.cgi?dsKey=hrrr_jet

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2