• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June 2020 General Discussion

Hoosier

10 years ago --- 6/5/10 - My old hometown of Perrysburg was nearly hit by a deadly tornado after 11:00PM. The tornado hit near State Route 795 in Lake Township, hit Lake High School and near Metcalf Airport, also known as Toledo Executive Airport, and continued on to do up to EF4 damage to structures in Millbury, directly east of I-280 and State Route 795. Severe weather parameters increased at nighttime due to a warm front, or possibly just strengthening of the low-level jet. My dad took pictures of train cars that had been flipped near Toledo Executive Airport. NWS Cleveland web page for this:  https://www.weather.gov/cle/event_20100605_MillburyTornado

0jvoWMQ.png

t4Bigyk.png

9ckDijx.png

June_5_2010_tornado_tracks.gif

old data applied to new GRLevel3 program

oWPDsCp.png

• Like 3

Getting some powerful cloud to ground strikes out of this anvil rain, just like last week.  Long rumbler/house shakers.

Storms dropped over 4" of rain west of the QC earlier in about 90 minutes.  Looks like up to 3" of rain fell in the northeastern portion of the QC around the Hampton area.  Definitely been an entertaining evening.

On 6/5/2020 at 12:22 AM, Chinook said:

10 years ago --- 6/5/10 - My old hometown of Perrysburg was nearly hit by a deadly tornado after 11:00PM. The tornado hit near State Route 795 in Lake Township, hit Lake High School and near Metcalf Airport, also known as Toledo Executive Airport, and continued on to do up to EF4 damage to structures in Millbury, directly east of I-280 and State Route 795. Severe weather parameters increased at nighttime due to a warm front, or possibly just strengthening of the low-level jet. My dad took pictures of train cars that had been flipped near Toledo Executive Airport. NWS Cleveland web page for this:  https://www.weather.gov/cle/event_20100605_MillburyTornado

0jvoWMQ.png

t4Bigyk.png

9ckDijx.png

June_5_2010_tornado_tracks.gif

old data applied to new GRLevel3 program

oWPDsCp.png

A night I'll never forget. An F2 & F4 hurling around Toledo, I actually chased the the F4. Saw it from an overpass clearly through the lightning strikes. Largest tornado I have ever seen in person. 

The wind rowing was so intense that Lake HS had to install turf due to the amount of debris lodged into the ground of their football field

• Like 2

Heat Warning

Issued at 15:17 Monday 08 June 2020

First heat event of the year expected Tuesday through Wednesday.

A hot airmass approaching the area will bring daytime temperatures in the low thirties over the next couple of days. With increasing humidity on Wednesday, humidex values are expected to creep in the mid to high thirties. Lows between 20 and 22 degrees Celsius are also expected Tuesday night.

Temperatures will cool off Wednesday night as Tropical Depression Cristobal approaches Ontario.

It sure isn't. Were they sleeping during the later part of May?

Up to 6" of snow has fallen on I-80 in southeastern Wyoming this evening.  Considerable amounts of snow falling over the higher terrain of Colorado.  55-60mph northerly winds are blasting over northeast Colorado as temps plummet through the 40s after being in the 70s and 80s earlier today.  Pretty insane to be seeing this so late into the year.  It can snow in these same places in <3 months.

fgdgdg.jpg

• Like 1

I notice during the hot day tomorrow with it being 30C feeling like 40 (humidex) the winds will be 40 km/h gusting to 60 at once. That is unprecedented in my experience in my locale but there was one day last decade that was approching winds of that level with a slightly higher air temp. This is before the strong storms roll in. Will my stormless streak come to an end?

48 hours later it'll be 12C for a high feeling like 8...jacket weather! Its been a good June so far but a weird one, enough sunlight thankfully.

• Like 1

Pretty impressive, but I think it's bogus.

RECORD EVENT REPORT 
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NORTHERN INDIANA
505 PM EDT TUE JUN 9 2020

...RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE SET AT FORT WAYNE...

A RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE OF 94 DEGREES WAS SET AT FORT WAYNE TODAY 
AT 418 PM EDT. THIS BROKE THE OLD RECORD OF 93 SET IN 1914.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, IWXwx said:

Pretty impressive, but I think it's bogus.

RECORD EVENT REPORT 
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NORTHERN INDIANA
505 PM EDT TUE JUN 9 2020

...RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE SET AT FORT WAYNE...

A RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE OF 94 DEGREES WAS SET AT FORT WAYNE TODAY 
AT 418 PM EDT. THIS BROKE THE OLD RECORD OF 93 SET IN 1914.

Nah there was a small pocket in that area of 90-95 from there to Toledo down to Findley. Even we hit 90 here at DTW.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stebo said:

Nah there was a small pocket in that area of 90-95 from there to Toledo down to Findley. Even we hit 90 here at DTW.

My parents texted me and said it was 97 degrees in Toledo.

@NWSCLE

7h

Update for June 9th #record highs: Mansfield (KMFD) set a new record of 94 degrees at 432 pm EDT, old record of 92 was set in 1999...and Toledo (KTOL) set a new record of 97 degrees at 346 pm EDT, old record of 95 was set in 1914. #OHwx #CLEwx

Maximum temperatures (Mesowest plot)

xfuOfyD.jpg

• Like 1