• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June 2020 General Discussion

Hoosier

I’ve been focused on things other then the weather the past week. Much of the riots and civil unrest have been occurring close to my home, (I live in the 3rd precinct) but the neighborhood has banded together and my family is safe. 

On topic, our first 90 of the season at MSP. Impressive considering we’ve only had one 80 degree day before this. 90 appears a lock tomorrow before hopefully our first thunderstorm of the season. (I’m not counting a couple minutes of heavy rain and two weak rumbles.)

It's insane how much the body adjusts to the climate it is in. The cold front dried things up pretty good today, and dropped the dew to 58. Went out for my daily jog and was so incredibly thirsty from the lack of humidity in the air that I was really hurting in the lungs. Feels terrific out but it is quite weird to feel humidity below a dew of 65.

Progged synoptic setup with that ridge poking into the Lakes looks very favorable to eventually get tropical remnants into the area.  

I had a flashback to Ike after seeing the 00z Euro.  Definitely some similarity in the track after landfall on that run.

On 6/2/2020 at 7:57 AM, Chicago Storm said:
Record for Chicago is “only” 92 (1944). It would probably be likely in play, but given ORD sensor issues, might be harder to attain than usual.

ORD broke the record with a high of 94.

MDW also hit 94, and 95 here.