• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2020 OBS Thread

Rtd208

Have been getting odds and ends light rain and am up to 0.69" out that (so far), with the heaviest coming at a just over 2 1/4" per hour rates.  The gust front toppled my patio umbrella (that was down and tied with the velcro and is free-standing but is on a heavy base and next to some heavy pots).

Currently drizzly and steamy with a temp of 71 and dp of 70.

18 minutes ago, BBasile said:

Picked up 2.34 inches of rain over the last 90 minutes or so.  Makes it 8.47 inches for the month.  Can we make it 9 today?  

Jersey is having a good morning rainfall wise...not much going on in/around Philly and local N/W burbs. And to answer your question, I think you'll make it to 9"+...

75F / DP 73

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Birds~69 said:

Jersey is having a good morning rainfall wise...not much going on in/around Philly and local N/W burbs. And to answer your question, I think you'll make it to 9"+...

75F / DP 73

Yeah.  It seems almost every radar return is a downpour and these storms having been training over me since about 9 AM.  I'll probably make that 9 inch mark in 20 minutes.  lol

Flas

1 hour ago, BBasile said:

Okay, only took 10 minutes.  Getting some 4+ inch rates with these storms.  

Rain 9 inches.png

Watching the Bos/TB game and a Flash Flood Warning came zinging across the screen for portions of Jersey with that annoying loud buzzing sound.

Not much here yet but Laura's bringing the tropical air...DP 75

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

That must be a sauna. Muggy here but at least it's cloudy 80F /DP 75 

I just came in from refilling my hummingbird feeder and ugh.  Temp is 81 with dp moving between 75 & 76.  At least here, the sun isn't out blazing, although you can tell it's trying to break through but hasn't been able to yet.  You can see that almost tell-tale tropicaly-looking clouds above although I know the main system will be moving well south of here.  Might get swiped by pieces of the outer bands.

radar22-08292020.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

Flas

Watching the Bos/TB game and a Flash Flood Warning came zinging across the screen for portions of Jersey with that annoying loud buzzing sound.

Not much here yet but Laura's bringing the tropical air...DP 75

Nothing says Stanley Cup Playoffs like dews in the mid 70's and tropical remnants sliding off the coast.

Been cloudy all day with just an occasional shower. But now the Sun is starting to pop out, so I expect it to get even more uncomfortable. 77F/DP 74

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1