Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2020 OBS Thread

Rtd208

8 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Not even a drizzle speck for two days, can I get a flood watch again tomorrow for $100 Alex

I literally just peeped out the front and it's still been drizzling here with something that appears to be backing up into this area from the SE. It's like one boundary has a flow pushing down into the city from the NW to the SE and the other with some precip is moving up from SE to NW. Am up to 0.26" so far for the day.

Current temp is 77 with 75 dp.

radar27-08132020.png

1 hour ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

I literally just peeped out the front and it's still been drizzling here with something that appears to be backing up into this area from the SE. It's like one boundary has a flow pushing down into the city from the NW to the SE and the other with some precip is moving up from SE to NW. Am up to 0.26" so far for the day.

Current temp is 77 with 75 dp.

radar27-08132020.png

Incredibly stationary front for two days, we don't ever see that.

• Weenie 1

23 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Listening to Don S throw around analogs for next winter- might wanna skip the uninstalls of your winder A/C units in the fall.. if you got one that is..

Canada's Fall outlook kinda toasty as well...

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-forecasts/accuweathers-2020-canada-autumn-forecast/792997

ca.jpg

• Weenie 1

15 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

It's a little bit better outside today, DP is down to 71 here, temp. 80F. Nice little breeze out of the East/ENE. Still humid, but better!

You know things are bad when a 71 DP is an improvement :blink:

82F/70 DP here...refreshing!

• Haha 2

It's 85 here with a breeze and dps shifting between 69 and 70, so as the day has worn on, not getting the steamy windows like yesterday.  There was quite a bit of low stratus earlier this morning but that all lifted by 8 am.  The sky is filled with cumulus with some stratus mixing in to my south every once in awhile.

3 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Had a non-measurable sprinkle and with that and the overcast, the temp dropped to 81 but the dup shot up to 72. :blink:

Am guessing that surface low south of here is throwing the area the ESE breezes and other stuff that blew through from the NE from off the ocean.

Broad low to our SE probably becomes Depression and Tropical Storm Kyle next 24-48 hours showers a few thunderstorms could be thrown inland and move from NE to SE especially south and east of Philadelphia. 

Just now, Kevin Reilly said:

Broad low to our SE probably becomes Depression and Tropical Storm Kyle next 24-48 hours showers a few thunderstorms could be thrown inland and move from NE to SE especially south and east of Philadelphia. 

When I saw it on a surface map this morning and didn't really see anything that would kick it out to see, I was wondering if it would become yet another "home grown" system. :blink:

But here we are!

Tropical Weather Outlook Text  

ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM

Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
200 PM EDT Fri Aug 14 2020

For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:

The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical 
Storm Josephine, located over the tropical Atlantic Ocean several 
hundred miles east-southeast of the northern Leeward Islands.

1. Satellite imagery indicates that shower activity associated with the 
low pressure area located about 300 miles south-southwest of 
Nantucket, Massachusetts has become better organized.  In addition, 
recent satellite wind data show that the circulation is becoming 
better defined, with winds to near gale force to the southeast of 
the center.  If current trends continue, a tropical depression or 
tropical storm is likely to form later today or tonight.  Regardless 
of development, this system is expected to move east-northeastward 
well to the southeast of New England and to the south of the 
Canadian Maritime provinces.  Additional information can be found in 
High Sea High Seas Forecasts issued by the National Weather Service 
under AWIPS header NFDHSFAT1, WMO header FZNT01 KWBC, and online at 
ocean.weather.gov/shtml/NFDHSFAT1.php
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...70 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...70 percent.

Forecaster Beven

Annotation 2020-08-14 145326.jpg

18 minutes ago, Kevin Reilly said:

There you go quite a bit of SW shear but it’s leaving high pressure is building southward over our area from the NE it’s feeling somewhat less humid is working in behind the system leaving which probably will become Kyle.

https://tropicaltidbits.com/sat/satlooper.php?region=96L&product=vis

Just heard one of the NBC10 mets on KYW and he mentioned the backdoor cold front slowly moving in from the NE to start dropping the dews (and I see mine is back down to 68 once the sun came out.)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Just heard one of the NBC10 mets on KYW and he mentioned the backdoor cold front slowly moving in from the NE to start dropping the dews (and I see mine is back down to 68 once the sun came out.)

Yea winds swing around from ese at 10 to NE and gusting to 31 last hour front on the move SSW small blocking pattern developing see how these highs building SSW jive with potential tropical systems working through between now and early October.  I think we are rinsing and repeating the pattern again as Big Sky days and then waiting for the Cat 4-5 system to approach the southeastern states to make our weather eventful again over the next 7 weeks. 

This morning's low of 64.7 was our lowest since the 63.3 on July 15th. How warm has this summer been? Well... here in Western Chester County PA this is the longest stretch without a temp in the 50's going back to 1983...our last sub 60 degree reading was on June 17th. In fact only in one July in addition to this year did we fail to record at least 1 day in the 50's - that was in 2012. In that year we went 52 days - between June 27th and August 19th without a low in the 50's. We have never had an August without a low in the 50's....could this be the year? Is global warming finally arriving in East Nantmeal?

image.png.c2fb5e23c306c8985868ed0f7f9c05be.png

• Thanks 2

Ended up with 0.40" of rain today with this morning's showers and I think my high will end up being the 74 that I hit just after 5 pm today.  Since it was "cooler" today, the AC went off and the oven was permitted to go on :lol:, but because of the rain, the temp/dp differential meant pretty humid conditions inside, but I still opened the windows.

Currently mostly cloudy (the sky has been variable much of the day with some sun and some overcast) and 72, with dp 65.