• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2020 OBS Thread

Rtd208

Listening to the city's coronavirus update and the head of the EOC just said he was given info that the Schuylkill is expected to reach 18 ft (in the city) by tomorrow (11.1 ft is minor flooding). And he mentioned that the Wissahickon is out of its banks (I noticed the 1 pm USGS update showed a drop to 6.87 ft which I assumed meant that it was all over Lincoln Drive)! :o

USGS.01474000.121529.00065..20200728.202

3 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Listening to the city's coronavirus update and the head of the EOC just said he was given info that the Schuylkill is expected to reach 18 ft (in the city) by tomorrow (11.1 ft is minor flooding). And he mentioned that the Wissahickon is out of its banks (I noticed the 1 pm USGS update showed a drop to 6.87 ft which I assumed meant that it was all over Lincoln Drive)! :o

18 ft. Wow - that might close west river drive, right?

7 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

6.64". Water is finally receding, but the house smells like heating oil. Oh, and I just lost a tree.

Got calls into a water restoration co., my heating co. and now I need to call my tree guy. :(

Oh no sorry.  I’ve got a huge whiff of sewer gas smell.  No idea wtf is going on.  Have a headache and have windows open.  

5.83" on the Vantage Pro in East Nantmeal Twp in Chester County PA - will likely be revising this up once I check the manual gauge. Either way this is the 2nd greatest daily rainfall in Chester County history back to 1894. The only wetter day was September 16, 1999 with Hurricane Floyd when 8.28" of rain fell. Power out both here in Sea Isle City NJ and home in Chesco.....

• Like 2

Worcester, PA. 7.56" rain. That is pretty much consistent with neighboring reports. Some higher and some lower. Highest gust was 37.6 mph.  Still showery and breezy, but I expect that will be pretty close to the numbers for the storm. Rain may go a little higher, but not much.  I do have an area about 2 miles from here that has poles and trees down. Localized damage.  (pic attached)

Power flickered once, but never lost it. Multiple water rescues in the area, trees down, roads closed.  Most - if not all  the flooded roads in my area have drained off. Probably a few near streams that have not gone down enough.

heebner road1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

12 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Isaias is down to 65 mph but is still very much a tropical storm (hasn't transitioned just yet).  It is booking at 40 mph! :o

151346_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

That’s an over performer.   I thought different when I first woke up today.  

im not closing the place up again til I have a resolution on this smell.  Will let u all know ( on a slower day of course).  

Sun just popped out here (although going in and out).  Looks like my final total will probably be 4.93" since midnight (barring any stray showes that might pop up).  Looks like the axis of heaviest rain was west of me as I'm seeing the higher readings including one from a spotter in KOP reporting 7.74". :yikes:

Annotation 2020-08-04 142937.jpg

15 minutes ago, Lady Di said:

That’s an over performer.   I thought different when I first woke up today.  

im not closing the place up again til I have a resolution on this smell.  Will let u all know ( on a slower day of course).  

Are you on public sewer or your own septic tank? Has it happened before? Are you sure it's coming from inside? Do you have a basement with plumbing drainage (like bathroom, washing machine, sink, etc?). I'm not an expert, just looking for clues :-).

• Weenie 1

12 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Are you on public sewer or your own septic tank? Has it happened before? Are you sure it's coming from inside? Do you have a basement with plumbing drainage (like bathroom, washing machine, sink, etc?). I'm not an expert, just looking for clues :-).

Public but my duplex and one other goes into a septic tank first before getting pumped up to the street.  There’s no obvious leak inside -it’s something else and it’s been intermittent since April.  Had our drain pipe snaked-tanks are ok-I don’t know. Seems to be bad when it rains or the power is out.  Without ac and fans it was bad today.  Just spoke to my neighbor and they have noticed before too but not today.  Has to be a pipe in the ground?  Rain water pushing it ?

3 minutes ago, Lady Di said:

Public but my duplex and one other goes into a septic tank first before getting pumped up to the street.  There’s no obvious leak inside -it’s something else and it’s been intermittent since April.  Had our drain pipe snaked-tanks are ok-I don’t know. Seems to be bad when it rains or the power is out.  Without ac and fans it was bad today.  Just spoke to my neighbor and they have noticed before too but not today.  Has to be a pipe in the ground?  Rain water pushing it ?

Happening when the power is out sounds like the pump isn't working and maybe it's backing up. Days like today, could be rainwater overwhelming it (which shouldn't happen, rainwater isn't supposed to go into sewage systems), or if you lost power for a minute maybe the pump needs to be reset or something?