• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2020 OBS Thread

Rtd208

I currently have light rain and am at 4.84" and 71.  I saw a flood warning issued for the Perkiomen Creek but I expect the Wissahickon may be out of its banks since it is normally less than 2.5 ft and it is now over 7 ft as of the noon report.  The Schuylkill is getting close to 10 ft (also per the noon report) and starts minor flooding at around 11 ft.

USGS.01474000.121529.00065..20200728.202

USGS.01474500.121540.00065..20200728.202

Rain has mostly let up here, getting a little sun at times now, but the winds have been really cranking here from the WSW. Don't know the speed but our neighbor had a pretty large tree blow over, roots and all. The top of it is up against his house, but not enough to do any serious damage, from the looks of it. Strongest winds of the storm by far.

Total rainfall here is 6.40", probably close to the final total. Pretty good storm when all is said and done.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

I currently have light rain and am at 4.84" and 71.  I saw a flood warning issued for the Perkiomen Creek but I expect the Wissahickon may be out of its banks since it is normally less than 2.5 ft and it is now over 7 ft as of the noon report.  The Schuylkill is getting close to 10 ft (also per the noon report) and starts minor flooding at around 11 ft.

Still a lot of water upstream yet for the Schuykill...might take until tomorrow for it to max out?

3 hours ago, KamuSnow said:

Rain has mostly let up here, getting a little sun at times now, but the winds have been really cranking here from the WSW. Don't know the speed but our neighbor had a pretty large tree blow over, roots and all. The top of it is up against his house, but not enough to do any serious damage, from the looks of it. Strongest winds of the storm by far.

Total rainfall here is 6.40", probably close to the final total. Pretty good storm when all is said and done.

Yep not a nothing burger like we always see from a low end tropical systems hitting the Carolina's and cruising through, two thumbs up

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Still a lot of water upstream yet for the Schuykill...might take until tomorrow for it to max out?

Yup that was the concern - particularly if the Wissahickon is adding to whatever is coming downstream from Montco.  I am sure the feeders to the Wissachickon like the Cresheim Creek, are flooded.

Am currently up to 4.92" but the winds have kicked in big time and temp is down to 70.  I popped out and it wasn't soupy. I did accidently interrupt a hummingbird out at my feeder trying to get a drink. :lol:

EDIT - Mt. Holly just declared a Flood Warning for flooding of the Schuylkill at Pottstown.

• Like 1