• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2020 OBS Thread

Rtd208

And sure enough, those little pop-ups have been coming right over me and so far (at post time), deposited another 0.19" in a >1"/hr heavy shower (total for the event now at 0.58").  This time, it looked like it wanted to be hail but had melted before hitting the ground, thus the huge rain drops (which is something that has been more common here the past decade or so - the exception being earlier this month where I actually had hail make it to the ground).

There appears to be another line that formed just to the west that might hit here as well.

radar28-07232020.png

7 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Got 1.25" yesterday evening, missed one to the north earlier, but the thunder was cool, and just had a shower, nothing really measurable. Sun coming out, 79F and super muggy.

Sun out in full force here...it's going to be really steamy this afternoon.

83F / DP 74

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RedSky said:

It feels like a Brazil rain forest. Peak nasty. Who remembers just several days ago this was to be the start of a significant cool down?

I remember seeing upper 80's and it's only 84 right now, but the DP here is 77. The "cool front" such as it is slowed down but it should be less humid by tomorrow or Saturday, fwiw.

3 hours ago, KamuSnow said:

I remember seeing upper 80's and it's only 84 right now, but the DP here is 77. The "cool front" such as it is slowed down but it should be less humid by tomorrow or Saturday, fwiw.

ECM had a several day stretch of low 80's starting today as recently as last Saturday, and the GFS had it for a week. The cool down is now 2 days with normal temps Fri-Sat and back in the 90's Sunday. Last July 5th hottest this one on track for #1 looking at the extended, we cook.

• Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, RedSky said:

ECM had a several day stretch of low 80's starting today as recently as last Saturday, and the GFS had it for a week. The cool down is now 2 days with normal temps Fri-Sat and back in the 90's Sunday. Last July 5th hottest this one on track for #1 looking at the extended, we cook.

Keep on pumping that heat out over the Atlantic warming those waters.  We are in line for a cat 3-4 runner up the east coast and a 4-5 Florida to North Carolina mid August to September 15th. 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

2 hours ago, Kevin Reilly said:

Keep on pumping that heat out over the Atlantic warming those waters.  We are in line for a cat 3-4 runner up the east coast and a 4-5 Florida to North Carolina mid August to September 15th. 

It's 2020 so expect two of them

• Weenie 2

I think today will break my 6-day streak of 90+ days.  The rain and overcast this morning seemed to work its magic.  So far today, my high has been 88 and we're getting to what is usually the hottest part of the day.  Of course that rain helped to feed the sauna. :huh:  My basils love it though!

Currently 88 and partly sunny with some possible pop-ups that appear to be moving this way from the west.

3 hours ago, RedSky said:

I didn't see that but I believe you. Now it's summer as usual, hot and humid with temps 90 to 95, and a weekly cool down into the upper 80's that lasts about a day and a half like Kevin said. 

I hope we get surprised and it breaks early like last year, starting in mid August as opposed to mid September.

17 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

I think today will break my 6-day streak of 90+ days.  The rain and overcast this morning seemed to work its magic.  So far today, my high has been 88 and we're getting to what is usually the hottest part of the day.  Of course that rain helped to feed the sauna. :huh:  My basils love it though!

Currently 88 and partly sunny with some possible pop-ups that appear to be moving this way from the west.

We've been getting occasional steamy windows here too. It's currently 88F with a DP at 77...ugh...

1 minute ago, KamuSnow said:

We've been getting occasional steamy windows here too. It's currently 88F with a DP at 77...ugh...

I have some Italian basil, Thai basil, and Holy basil that I started from seed this past spring, but were delayed going out into my vegtrug raised bed planter because of the winter-in-May that we had (couple days of frosts/freezes around Mother's Day).  But in this environment, they are just basking in the heat and humidity.  Of course the lettuce bolted. :lol:

3 hours ago, KamuSnow said:

Do you have AC and it's not working, or are you living the austere burlap life? If the latter, do you consider a fan decadent? Lol inquiring minds need to know.

The 98yo owner in this two hundred year old farm house doesn't believe in A/C... only me. But the barns basement feels like a cold cellar so i use it like a pool lol.

• Weenie 1

34 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

I have some Italian basil, Thai basil, and Holy basil that I started from seed this past spring, but were delayed going out into my vegtrug raised bed planter because of the winter-in-May that we had (couple days of frosts/freezes around Mother's Day).  But in this environment, they are just basking in the heat and humidity.  Of course the lettuce bolted. :lol:

Our canna lilies are loving it too...