Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2020 OBS Thread

Rtd208

9 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Looks like Fay made landfall somewhere near/north of Atlantic City near Beach Haven.

COD-GOES-East-meso-meso1.truecolor.20200710.201129-over=map-bars-true-color-07102020.gif

It looks a bit like Sandy, with that easterly fetch to the north. 

I don't have fond memories of Sandy, but this one was fun, if you did not have to be out there.

The aquifers will be grateful.

• Weenie 1

1 minute ago, stemwinder said:

It looks a bit like Sandy, with that easterly fetch to the north. 

I don't have fond memories of Sandy, but this one was fun, if you did not have to be out there.

The aquifers will be grateful.

This one is definitely smaller than Sandy - like Sandy's little sister.  This was literally scraping the coast on its way north.  I know "Sandy" is verboten on the Tropical forum but... :lol:

superstorm-sandy-480.gif

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

This one is definitely smaller than Sandy - like Sandy's little sister.  This was literally scraping the coast on its way north.  I know "Sandy" is verboten on the Tropical forum but... :lol:

superstorm-sandy-480.gif

That's a great loop.  Yeah, Sandy came in from the east, and it all took forever.  No power.  No heat.  Almost November.  

This one was much more benign.  I did not like Sandy at all, no thank you.  :o

1 minute ago, stemwinder said:

That's a great loop.  Yeah, Sandy came in from the east, and it all took forever.  No power.  No heat.  Almost November.  

This one was much more benign.  I did not like Sandy at all, no thank you.  :o

There is a large street near me that has a 2 blocks-long section that had 10 mature sycamore street trees that had been planted years ago.  Hurricane Irene pancaked 6 of them in 2011 and Sandy took out the remaining 4 in the same fashion the next year, in 2012. :yikes:   Agree that Sandy was pretty rough though. 

Since Fay was "home grown", it didn't have much of a place to go to intensify like that fortunately.

• Like 1