• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2020 OBS Thread

Rtd208

Below is the Climate Summary for June 2020 for Western Chester County PA along with some interesting weather factoids

• Average Temperature 70.0 (+2.5 degrees below normal) ( Avg High 79.0 / Avg. Low 61.0)
  • This was our 1st above normal month since March
  • The average temperature during Q2 2020 was 59.4 - this marks the 31st coldest 2nd quarter in Chester County history (1894-Present) and coldest Q2 since 2003 (58.5)
  • June Rainfall = 3.94" (0.10" below normal)
  • YTD Rainfall stands at 25.23" (1.92" above normal)
  • Highest Temperature was the 86.3 on the 10th
  • Lowest Temperature was the 44.1 reading on the 1st of the month
  • The last 90 degree reading was last July 21st when we reached 92.5 degrees - that was the 2nd and last 90 degree reading of the summer of 2019
  • We average 11 days that exceed 90 degrees during the summer (1983 to Present) at the relative higher elevation of Chester County PA
  • However 3 of the last 10 years have seen no days exceeded the 90 degree mark
  • 23 of the last 37 years have seen less than 10 days exceed 90 degrees

8 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Ended up hitting a high of 89 yesterday and 95 today (so far). More and more grass around the area is turning brown.  Currently 94 and partly cloudy.

Grass has slowed down growing here but not brown at this point.

95F here today but DP only at 56 and a breeze so not bad. (The whole "heat wave" 90+ for 3 days straight is a complete joke) As usual media hype. Drives me up a wall and makes Mets look foolish. Give me today at 95F /DP 56 w/ a breeze over 87F / DP 70 /no breeze for 3 days...but Mets  consider the former a "heat wave" even though it feels better. Makes weather Mets/Media/weather folks look really stupid... 

51 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Grass has slowed down growing here but not brown at this point.

95F here today but DP only at 56 and a breeze so not bad. (The whole "heat wave" 90+ for 3 days straight is a complete joke) As usual media hype. Drives me up a wall and makes Mets look foolish. Give me today at 95F /DP 56 w/ a breeze over 87F / DP 70 /no breeze for 3 days...but Mets  consider the former a "heat wave" even though it feels better. Makes weather Mets/Media/weather folks look really stupid... 

I think you had some rain from a few pop-ups where you are.  All the pop-ups either missed me completely or fizzled by the time they got here.  The last I had any was barely enough to wet the walk and street one early morning last week, but that was basically a trace and didn't tip the bucket.  Last measurable here was 6/27 and that was only 0.04". :huh:

Maybe the possible coastal next week will throw something up here.