• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2020 OBS Thread

Rtd208

A little late but below is the Climate Summary for May 2020 for Western Chester County PA along with some interesting weather factoids

• Average Temperature 58.6 (0.7 degrees below normal) ( Avg High 67.4 / Avg. Low 49.8)
  • This was our 2nd consecutive below normal month following the April 49.4 avg (0.5 below normal)
  • The 2 month average of April and May mark the 24th coldest first 2 months of Spring in the Chester County history (1894-Present) and coldest since April/May 2008
  • Rainfall = 2.88" (1.40" below normal)
  • YTD Rainfall stands at 21.29" (2.02" above normal)
  • Highest Temperature was the 81.3 on the 15th - this was our 1st 80 degree day of the year and represents the 7th latest initial 80+ day since records began in 1894. The latest was on 5/27/37
  • Lowest Temperature was the 31.3 reading on the 9th - our last 32 degree reading of the season occurred on the 10th - this was only our 78th sub freezing low in the 2019/20 winter season normal is 115 days
  • The 46.5 maximum recorded on the 9th was the 6th lowest May max daily reading in the historical climate data set

Glad your power is back, Paul. Got mine back around 6:30 last evening. But Comcast says cable and internet won’t be restored until Monday pm.

Seriously, I’m not one to exaggerate. I can honestly say I’ve never personally seen such damage from a storm in my life. Not Sandy, not any of our ice storms or any other severe weather events. But again, it was very localized to just a certain area of my neighborhood. Two, three streets over, just your typical storm damage, if any. It’s almost like an F0 tornado came through, but I’m certain it was straight-line winds. Anyway...

86F/69DP. Not the most comfortable today to play with the chainsaw, but at least the AC is running!

• Weenie 1

58 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

Glad your power is back, Paul. Got mine back around 6:30 last evening. But Comcast says cable and internet won’t be restored until Monday pm.

Seriously, I’m not one to exaggerate. I can honestly say I’ve never personally seen such damage from a storm in my life. Not Sandy, not any of our ice storms or any other severe weather events. But again, it was very localized to just a certain area of my neighborhood. Two, three streets over, just your typical storm damage, if any. It’s almost like an F0 tornado came through, but I’m certain it was straight-line winds. Anyway...

86F/69DP. Not the most comfortable today to play with the chainsaw, but at least the AC is running!

With a cold one awaiting and AC kicking you'll forget all about the hot/muggy chainsaw activity when all is said and done...

87F/ DP 68

• Weenie 1

1 hour ago, Birds~69 said:

With a cold one awaiting and AC kicking you'll forget all about the hot/muggy chainsaw activity when all is said and done...

87F/ DP 68

Ha! Maybe several cold ones. And the Wine & Spirit Shops are reopened, too!!

• Weenie 1