• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2020 OBS Thread

Rtd208

Just a beautiful day down at the Jersey Shore in Sea Isle City NJ....I don't think I have ever seen the beach so crowded on a weekday in June before! Wondering if the fact folks are not tied to their kids being in class in getting a lot more folks to show up on the beaches of NJ much earlier than normal....let's hope so!. It briefly touched 80 degrees around noon on the beaches but most of the PM was spent in the low 70's down to 70 degrees now while 6 miles inland they swelter at 86 degrees....back in East Nantmeal we are still without power.....would be a tough day without AC back there with temps topping out at 83.8 with high humidity.

SicHi.20200604_181553051.jpg

17 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

That line was and is warned, I guess some went to sleep early tonight, lol.

Snuck up on me.  lol.   Looks much more menacing on radar than it really is. The strongest radar indicated winds (60 mph) moved right over me, but it only translated to 37 mph on the ground.  Lots of IC lightning, though.  

Edit:. Looks like there's more to the SW that'll be heading towards South Jersey.  Not sure if I'll be up for that or not, but I'll keep the camera on standby.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BBasile said:

Snuck up on me.  lol.   Looks much more menacing on radar than it really is. The strongest radar indicated winds (60 mph) moved right over me, but it only translated to 37 mph on the ground.  Lots of IC lightning, though.  

Edit:. Looks like there's more to the SW that'll be heading towards South Jersey.  Not sure if I'll be up for that or not, but I'll keep the camera on standby.  

Yeah they're kind of lined up to the west for south Jersey....better put the rain bucket out!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BBasile said:

And it just turned into a giant blob of never ending rain.  Been raining for hours now with what looks like hours left.  

Yeah, nothing intense just a large patch of rain. I really thought it would be out of here by now. (3:10am) Looks like it won't move out before 5am or so.

ni.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KamuSnow said:

That line was and is warned, I guess some went to sleep early tonight, lol.

I did actually hit the sack "early" (@ 9:30 pm) last night (I am normally up between 4 - 4:30 am most mornings so I try not to stay up late)... but had already seen some flashes of lightning as I was dozing off.  The thunder and lightning did wake me up at around 10:30 pm though. 

I picked up 0.43" of rain from that round - and had almost 2"/hr rates too.  There was another round around 2 am that deposited 0.11", so for both rounds overnight, I picked up 0.54".   And I did put a bucket out to collect it (have been doing that on and off the past year since my indoor plants seem to like it much better than the Schuylkill Punch they normally got)! :lol:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

Still in the dark. Asplundh trucks are on the street behind me, they have their work cut out for them.

Picked up .8" overnight.

Indeed, we've been out since noon on Wednesday. Not estimates for restoration range betweentonight at 11pm to sunday at 11pm. Don't have batteries in my wetherlink live so I missed out on data from that time period ...

13 minutes ago, zenmsav6810 said:

Indeed, we've been out since noon on Wednesday. Not estimates for restoration range betweentonight at 11pm to sunday at 11pm. Don't have batteries in my wetherlink live so I missed out on data from that time period ...

Good luck! Hopefully more comfortable weather after today.

Flash Flood Watch issued -

Flash Flood Watch

Flood Watch
National Weather Service Mount Holly NJ
947 AM EDT Fri Jun 5 2020

DEZ001-MDZ008-012-NJZ007-009-010-012>022-025>027-PAZ060>062-070-
071-101>106-052215-
/O.NEW.KPHI.FF.A.0001.200605T1800Z-200606T0400Z/
/00000.0.ER.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.OO/
New Castle-Cecil-Kent MD-Warren-Hunterdon-Somerset-Middlesex-
Western Monmouth-Eastern Monmouth-Mercer-Salem-Gloucester-Camden-
Northwestern Burlington-Ocean-Cumberland-Atlantic-
Coastal Atlantic-Coastal Ocean-Southeastern Burlington-Berks-
Lehigh-Northampton-Delaware-Philadelphia-Western Chester-
Eastern Chester-Western Montgomery-Eastern Montgomery-Upper Bucks-
Lower Bucks-
Including the cities of Wilmington, Elkton, Chestertown,
Washington, Flemington, Somerville, New Brunswick, Freehold,
Sandy Hook, Trenton, Pennsville, Glassboro, Camden, Cherry Hill,
Moorestown, Mount Holly, Jackson, Millville, Hammonton,
Atlantic City, Long Beach Island, Wharton State Forest, Reading,
Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton, Media, Philadelphia, Honey Brook,
Oxford, West Chester, Kennett Square, Collegeville, Pottstown,
Norristown, Lansdale, Chalfont, Perkasie, Morrisville,
and Doylestown
947 AM EDT Fri Jun 5 2020

...FLASH FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT FROM 2 PM EDT THIS AFTERNOON
THROUGH THIS EVENING...

The National Weather Service in Mount Holly has issued a

* Flash Flood Watch for portions of northern Delaware, northeast
  Maryland, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania, including the following
  areas, in northern Delaware, New Castle. In northeast Maryland,
  Cecil and Kent. In New Jersey, Atlantic, Burlington, Camden,
  Cumberland, Gloucester, Hunterdon, Mercer, Middlesex, Monmouth,
  Ocean, Salem, Somerset, and Warren. In Pennsylvania, Berks,
  Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Lehigh, Montgomery, Northampton, and
  Philadelphia.

* From 2 PM EDT this afternoon through this evening

* Thunderstorms are expected to develop this afternoon in
  southeastern Pennsylvania into northern and central New Jersey.
  The strongest storms will be capable of producing locally heavy
  rainfall amounts of 1.5 to 2.5 inches in as little as an hour.
  Additionally, storm motions today will be slow, and storms may
  train over the same areas. As a result, instances of flash
  flooding are possible in the watch area.

* In the areas of heaviest rainfall, flash flooding of small
  creeks and streams, poor-drainage areas, and urban areas may
  occur between mid afternoon and late this evening.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A Flash Flood Watch means that there is the potential for flash
flooding which can be life-threatening. Heavy rain is expected to
occur over a short period of time. Rapidly rising flood waters
may quickly inundate roadways and areas of poor drainage. Streams
and creeks could leave their banks, flooding nearby properties.

Please monitor the forecast, especially if you live in a location
that is prone to flooding. Be prepared to take action if a flash
flood warning is issued for your area.

&&

$$

CMS

Current temp here is 74 and mostly cloudy with sun the breaking out here and there, but the humidity is creeping back.  The heavy rain shredded my peony blooms. lol

Flash Flood Watch issued -

Flash Flood Watch

Flood WatchNational Weather Service Mount Holly NJ947 AM EDT Fri Jun 5 2020DEZ001-MDZ008-012-NJZ007-009-010-012>022-025>027-PAZ060>062-070-071-101>106-052215-/O.NEW.KPHI.FF.A.0001.200605T1800Z-200606T0400Z//00000.0.ER.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.OO/New Castle-Cecil-Kent MD-Warren-Hunterdon-Somerset-Middlesex-Western Monmouth-Eastern Monmouth-Mercer-Salem-Gloucester-Camden-Northwestern Burlington-Ocean-Cumberland-Atlantic-Coastal Atlantic-Coastal Ocean-Southeastern Burlington-Berks-Lehigh-Northampton-Delaware-Philadelphia-Western Chester-Eastern Chester-Western Montgomery-Eastern Montgomery-Upper Bucks-Lower Bucks-Including the cities of Wilmington, Elkton, Chestertown,Washington, Flemington, Somerville, New Brunswick, Freehold,Sandy Hook, Trenton, Pennsville, Glassboro, Camden, Cherry Hill,Moorestown, Mount Holly, Jackson, Millville, Hammonton,Atlantic City, Long Beach Island, Wharton State Forest, Reading,Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton, Media, Philadelphia, Honey Brook,Oxford, West Chester, Kennett Square, Collegeville, Pottstown,Norristown, Lansdale, Chalfont, Perkasie, Morrisville,and Doylestown947 AM EDT Fri Jun 5 2020...FLASH FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT FROM 2 PM EDT THIS AFTERNOONTHROUGH THIS EVENING...The National Weather Service in Mount Holly has issued a* Flash Flood Watch for portions of northern Delaware, northeast Maryland, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania, including the following areas, in northern Delaware, New Castle. In northeast Maryland, Cecil and Kent. In New Jersey, Atlantic, Burlington, Camden, Cumberland, Gloucester, Hunterdon, Mercer, Middlesex, Monmouth, Ocean, Salem, Somerset, and Warren. In Pennsylvania, Berks, Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Lehigh, Montgomery, Northampton, and Philadelphia.* From 2 PM EDT this afternoon through this evening* Thunderstorms are expected to develop this afternoon in southeastern Pennsylvania into northern and central New Jersey. The strongest storms will be capable of producing locally heavy rainfall amounts of 1.5 to 2.5 inches in as little as an hour. Additionally, storm motions today will be slow, and storms may train over the same areas. As a result, instances of flash flooding are possible in the watch area.* In the areas of heaviest rainfall, flash flooding of small creeks and streams, poor-drainage areas, and urban areas may occur between mid afternoon and late this evening.PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...A Flash Flood Watch means that there is the potential for flashflooding which can be life-threatening. Heavy rain is expected tooccur over a short period of time. Rapidly rising flood watersmay quickly inundate roadways and areas of poor drainage. Streamsand creeks could leave their banks, flooding nearby properties.Please monitor the forecast, especially if you live in a locationthat is prone to flooding. Be prepared to take action if a flashflood warning is issued for your area.&&$$CMS

Current temp here is 74 and mostly cloudy with sun the breaking out here and there, but the humidity is creeping back.  The heavy rain shredded my peony blooms. lol

Girlfriend lives in Berlin and storms destroyed her peonies too.

25 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Just tried mowing out back since it takes a long time to dry out, and the rains came. Wound up with 0.53" total last night. Currently 80F with DP in saunaville.

Perfect timing for me...just completed the lawn/trim  (lost a pound sweating) and showers and such about to move in. 83F / DP70

po.jpg

• Like 1