Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2020 OBS Thread

Rtd208

6 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Looks like it fizzled out except for a small blob Chesco heading for Delco.  The light returns showing over me aren't making it to the ground.  Temp did drop down to 78.

radar5-05292020.png

Had some good downpours here....dropped the temp. 68F / DP 64F

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Had some good downpours here....dropped the temp. 68F / DP 64F

Not a drop here yet.  The southern part of the line has been really dragging and fizzling (maybe due to the instability focusing further north with the higher temps there today).  Seeing a lot of dark clouds rolling by overhead but nothing from them.  If that blob in Chesco manages to hang together as it crawls east, I might get swiped by it.  Temp is down to 75 here.

26 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Not a drop here yet.  The southern part of the line has been really dragging and fizzling (maybe due to the instability focusing further north with the higher temps there today).  Seeing a lot of dark clouds rolling by overhead but nothing from them.  If that blob in Chesco manages to hang together as it crawls east, I might get swiped by it.  Temp is down to 75 here.

Yeah, I'm getting it good again but not much S and E. It's not really even making progress or close to Philly.

da.jpg

3 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Yeah, I'm getting it good again but not much S and E. It's not really even making progress or close to Philly.

da.jpg

I'm finally getting swiped by some of that. Walks and streets are wet (nothing measurable yet). I'm about 5 miles SW of Jenkintown (had bought my last car there at one of the dealers on the Fairway).  Edit - the bucket tipped for 0.01".

3 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

Sun and Mon say no!

Yeah, the line is moving ultra slow...would like to see some downpours and wind. If I'm seeing correct the last couple frames it's dissipating a bit.

84F/ DP 71F

Saturday, too.  Will be a little warm, but the dew point is going to plummet, which will be great.  

2 hours ago, RedSky said:

Couple rumbles and around .30" shower. Models did a good job seeing the line fizzle this evening.

NAM was almost dead on.  Had me getting shit and shit is what I got.  

And nothing measurable overnight... Temp has been steadily dropping early this morning from a high of 74 at midnight and is currently down to 68 at post time.  Dews have dropped into the lower 60s vs the upper 60s/low 70s yesterday.  The humidity should be gradually dropping through the day today per the forecast.

0.72" from the storm yesterday and overnight in NW Chesco...beautiful day across both NW Chester County and the Jersey Beaches. Back in Chester County the splits were 76.4/62.6 while down in Sea Isle City NJ we had our 1st 80 degree day here on the barrier islands since last September 23rd when we hit 81.7. The beach was mighty crowded today with little if any social distancing evident on the beach... With high tide today being during the prime beach hours folks were crowded in.....the town of Sea Isle is really hopping as we start to move back to normal....restaurants are preparing for the upcoming opening of outdoor dining with tables being set up....should be a nice next few days down the shore!! Great to see how many people are here and getting back to normal!!

Hit a high of 71 yesterday with a nice breeze and low humidity and bottomed out at 45 this morning after the winds went calm just around 3 am.

Currently partly cloudy, with temp  rebounding and up to 47 with dp 33.  Last day for oven use for the next couple days (made some brownies yesterday and considering making a quiche today)! :lol:

• Like 1